Where to start? A7 on its way...

Greetings all. I am about to be the proud new owner of the original Sony A7. It arrives tomorrow. I am currently using an Olympus E-M1 and am very familiar with photography; just not the Sony. But I needed a full frame sensor for the work I am starting to do, and there was no way I was going to revert to a dinosaur DSLR just to get the larger sensor.

Anyway, I've searched for "getting started" here in the forum and am not seeing any previous discussions. I am sure there must have been some, but possibly with other search terms.

For those of you very familiar with this particular camera, do you have any links to articles or videos that will get me started with the peculiarities of this particular camera line? Are there gotchas I should look out for or settings that are a must to overcome any weaknesses? I'm basically looking for a boot camp to get me up an running as quickly as possible.

I have a Rokinon 35mm, Sony FE 50mm f1.8 & Fotodiox Canon FD adapter on its way to me now to get met started with the angles of view I work with.

Thanks in advance!

Kazooless 

Kazooless,

I recently bought an A7 myself. It is a little overwhelming. Since I bought it used, I started by resetting the camera to it's original settings. This helped me by not having someone else's preferences confuse me even more. With the camera in hand, I read the full review on dpreview. With the A7 and previous cameras, this has helped me understand the menu setting as well as the camera's strengths and weaknesses. Here is the link: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-a7

Good luck,

Vince