Anyone Hung an R 60mm 2.8 Macro on an a7R?

Guest PenGun

Guest PenGun

I'm looking at that range and I like the 55mm 1.8 but I kind of need a macro as well. Now I could just space the 55mm for closer focus but I do like Leica lenses. I've looked at Dear Susan etc and am encouraged but wondered if anyone here had done this.

Yep,

the 60 mm Macro Elamrit is one of my favourite R lenses. I've bought an A7 II just two weeks ago because I needed a "digital sensor attachment" to my R lenses. I use the Novoflex adapter and am happy with this combination. The Novoflex gives the precision feeling I'm used form mounting R lenses to R bodies.

I've done some test shots with my fixed focal length R lenses. Results are mostly OK. For the 60 I can't see a difference in performance compared to using the lens on a R body. If I can find some time I'll do a few macro shots and try to upload.

So, just made a few photographs in the garden. The photographs / pictures are not really good, but should show the performance of the 60 mm Macro Elmarit.

First F=2.8

Second F=8

Third, with 2x Macro extender.

All manual, no tripod. Auto modes / steady shot etc etc disabled

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

I have one and use it on an APS-C NEX body as well as a Leicaflex SL. One thing to keep in mind is that it's not the sharpest lens wide open for use as a normal lens. By about f/4-5.6 it's very sharp nearly to infinity, but at that point you might as well be using a smaller, lighter, cheaper lens. Even more importantly, it takes a while to crank the focus ring around from macro distances to 1+ metres and back again - from near focus to infinity it's almost the full 360 degrees, and it's a heavily dampened ring so it feels like quite a bit of work! Still, it always makes me feel a little bit like Sebastiao Salgado, who used it as a normal lens on an R6 for many of his best known images.