• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Photoman

Photoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Which lens would be better for astrophotography, in particular for the !ilky Way or the Aurora Borealis? In particular the to take pictures of the Aurora borealis and the Milky Way.
  • GrandCherokiHic likes this

#2 MLWolfe

MLWolfe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

I bought the Rokinon 14mm 2.8 for a recent trip to Maine. It did a great job on the milky way shots--very sharp stars--and the price can't be beat!

#3 chiapeteater

chiapeteater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

I have the A7Rii and purchased the Rokinon 24/1.4 for a trip out west to Colorado Nat. Monument, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Pics came out very good with a 20 second exposure. Unfortunately, the clouds were not very cooperative and almost all my shots had some form of cloud in them.

29465195102_6f7d5fcda5_o.jpgArches National Park Balanced Rock 7 by chiapeteater, on Flickr

29493936501_9efddccecb_o.jpgArches National Park Balanced Rock 5 by chiapeteater, on Flickr

I used Capture One Pro for post and am working on trying to do a better job in post since I have been doing it less than a year.

• Ben likes this

#4 gaabnz

gaabnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:24 PM

Samyang / Rockinon 24mm F1.4  Awesome lens.

Since I moved to Sony A7mkii from my Canon 6D I am still using my Canon mount 24mm  with an adapter and it is fantastic.  Stars are a little out in this image as I set the shot up for the foreground, but its a great lens

29505221845_aca61e890f_b.jpgArataki Vistitor Centre at Titirangi, Auckland by Gary Ashton, on Flickr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lenses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X