Need recommedations for carry case for my a7ii and accesories.

I recently sold majority of my Canon gear to switch over to Sony mirrorless system with a lots of vintage Minolta lens, kept some of my Canon lens.  I am looking for a carry bag that is lightweight enough for me to carry my a7ii along with my flash and few lenses.  I am looking for messenger style or maybe a backpack.  I have this huge backpack that kept all my Canon gear in but its a bit excessive and heavy. 

Do you have more than one body? How many lenses and what size are they? Do you want easy access? Tripod strap? Rollers? There are like a million considerations, not to mention price.

For an everyday bag, I use a Lowepro Passport Messenger because I got it really cheap. It has very little padding and not so much space, but it holds one body and 2-4 lenses.

For a carryall backpack, I use an AmazonBasics DSLR backpack. It's pretty big and impossible to access unless it's set down, but it was likewise inexpensive and very well padded.

I would personally suggest that you just go to your local camera store and try a few out. Sometimes, it's not the specs that sell the bag, it's how it looks, feels, or functions for your particular needs.

There's also a huge diffetence between a carry bag to transport gear from A to B or to carry your gear whilst using it... for the former I use an appropriate sized Peli case - the latter it entirely depends if I'm climbing or looking at city sights or waiting for aurora...

There are times I use a smaller (although not "small") Peli for general "walkabouts" primarily because you can rest and sit on it! The fact it also opens fully for easy access and is very protective of the gear inside can be secondary!

For a Sony A7 and three primes this works well:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563908-REG/Lowepro_LP35236_PEU_Inverse_200_AW_Beltpack.html

But most times I like a backpack.  The waist bags and messenger bags just get in the way.  This is what I'm using:

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/product/mountain/lotus.html

Then you can customize with the ICU that meets your needs.  I have this one:

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/product/mountain/lotus.html

Just a suggestion, I have a Peak Design messenger bag and it works well for me. I have a Sony A7II and carry these lenses,Sony 28-70mm, Sony 90mm macro, and Zeiss 551.8. What I like about the bag is I can keep all my lenses and camera inside and protected against the elements,  The shoulder strap is very comfortable and there is a waist strap tucked away that you can use to keep the bag from bouncing when you are walking. On the inside is adjustable deviders that allow you to stack your gear anyway you want. You can go to peak design and view the video to see how it works.  

Do you have more than one body? How many lenses and what size are they? Do you want easy access? Tripod strap? Rollers? There are like a million considerations, not to mention price.

I have just the a7ii body and tons of minolta lens but I am looking for a carry around bag.  Something that is lightweight.  My Sony Zeiss 55 f1/8 lens is coming today and I would like to keep that on the body.  Its my only native lens at the moment.  So with that said  I am looking for a lightweight everyday wear type messanger bag or backpack with easy access to get to my gear.  I already have a huge camera backpack i think is the Billionaire bag or something like that that I currently am keeping everything in but its really more for transporting than carrying. 

I've been very happy with various sizes of bags

from Lowe Pro, Tamrac, and Tenba. Some are

definitely messenger style, others are the more

boxy type, but in the smaller size range. I find

that choice of boxy or messenger style will vary  

with what I'm gonna load for the job. You might

find you  really need both types, that each style

handles what the other style cannot. 

Sorry no exact model names. My bags are old

and I'm sure the model names have changed. 

But do check websites for the 3 brands above.    

---------------------------------------------------------- 

P.S.  

A useful advice regardless of brand, and more

important with messenger bags than with boxy

style bags: Avoid black interiors. If you get to 

choose, all else being equal, go for the lightest

interior possible. Black gear, dark bag interiors,

dim lighting or outdoors at night ... hard to find

small items, easier to crash gear-on-gear, etc. 

Stores that sell bags are always well lit, so this

is a sleeper problem that bites you later on :-(

I use a Crumpler 4500, perfect to fit an A7 plus 2 larges lenses and 1 small (and batteries, filters and even a small tripod), or a Crumpler 7500 to take up to 5 lenses and a small computer in a plane.

The second one is to heavy when full to walk with for a long time, but the first one is compact and light enough to be carried on one shoulder all day long, provide an easy access to the camera and not bothering you when you take a picture or visiting a place.

• 2 months later...