Landscape Photography, Sony FE 24mm 1.8 VS Zeiss 16-35 F/4

I am having a bit of a dilemma which one of these I want to get when the 24 comes out. 24 is a good angle for landscapes. Even though I won't be shooting landscapes at 1.8, because it's 1.8, that usually means it's gonna be extremely sharp if I shoot a landscape at F/8 or something. 

The 16-35mm is made by Zeiss, it's a constant F/4. Which worries me. Again, F4 is fine, but I know lenses need to be stopped down to get the sharpest image. 

I am using a Sony A7R, which looks like the better deal to you? Also the 24mm is a lot less money. It's not a zeiss lens but it's a prime lens at 1.8 and I'm sure it will have good quality like the 90mm. 

How far would I need to stop down F/4 to get that sweet spot?

What FE 24/1.8 Sony lens are you referring to?

Have you considered the 28/2? Seems great value for money. Of course the 16-35 is more interesting in terms of focal length variety, but its definitely not a big light gatherer. On the other hand you gain OSS, from which your A7r benefits.

Stopping down the FE16-35 to F5.6 will already give great corner sharpness, at F8 it is easily sharp across the frame. Only at 35mm it has a weak spot in the corners.

Yes, I meant to say the 24mm F/2. Stopping down to 5.6 is going to look a whole lot better than the 16-35 correct? Plus I could use it for indoor shots of musicians playing at F/2. I can do without OSS especially with a prime. I used to use a Canon 5D Mark iii with a 24-70 2.8 and recorded 95% of my video footage in professional video's I was hired for with it. I was able to keep it still enough without a stabilizer. I do use one of those sticks to put it on though to make it easier to hold stable. I do that with the A7R as well.

The A7R being even smaller, it's even easier to do that. The ONLY thing I'm not liking about going mirrorless, is there aren't any fast zooms. it looks like I'm gonna end up being an all prime guy for the most part.