Aa7RII, no apps, can't connect to WiFi since "repair"

I had a problem with a Sony 70-200 lens, and to make a long story short, "Precision" camera said that the problem had to be with the camera (it wasn't, the lens ended up having the same problem with three different bodies, Sony is supposed to send me a new one).  I sent them my a7RII, and they "fixed" it.

When I got the a7RII back they had apparently completely re-set the firmware or something.  All my apps are gone.  No problem, I figured, I'd just log back in and get them.

However, now the problem is that the camera will not accept the password to my WiFi system.  It can see the WiFi name on the screen, so the camera certainly knows it's there.  However, when I key the password in-- as I did previously, and it worked fine-- when I get back to the "connect" screen, it only shows about half of the ten digits in the password, and it will not connect.

Also, WPS push doesn't seem to work either.

Any suggestions?

I would certainly try what reyh66 suggested but, I curious what you mean "they had apparently completely re-set the firmware or something".

What firmware is the camera displaying? Unless they inadvertently caused another issue while repairing it, I would personally try the following:

1) reset your camera to factory default settings;

2) download the latest firmware from Sony;

3) connect the camera directly to your computer via USB and update it following Sony's instructions;

4) unplug the camera and try connecting via WiFi again.

If that doesn't work I'd contact Precision and ask them what they suggest.

Hope this helps.

KMG--  Been there, did that.  Now on latest version of the firmware as of two days ago, and no improvement.

And have YOU tried to call Precision Camera?  There is no way to get a human on the phone.  They'll claim to call you back, but good luck with that.  And if they do call you back, you can't talk to a technician, and you'll get no technical help from the customer service reps.  They are trained to make vague statements that cause you to give up trying to get anything specific out of them.

There may be a way of switching the camera to a different type of WiFi security, but if there is I haven't been able to see it on the menu.  If anyone has any idea how to do that specifically, please share.  Many thanks.