Sony 85 1.4 GM with Sony A7

Hi guys,

I recently bought the 85 GM and took some test shots.  I applied my custom camera raw color profiles to it with sharpness.   

Personally I love the bokeh in this lens.  They look like paintings!  I've only shot at 1.4 and probably will rarely ever stop out of it.  I'm not overly cynical, so to me at 1.4 this lens is still incredibly sharp.  Sharpest I've ever used.  I'm not extremely knowledgeable with cameras or anything, but I do think the AF is not so good for fast moving objects.  Ppl have to kind of be stable for me to focus on.  Its pretty slow and changes focus quite often even when the subject is standing still.

The build quality isnt the same build quality as the A-mount counter part did (those were amazing), but it isn't t too bad.  Infact, the build quality on my 16-35 felt nicer. I'm a bit underwhelmed by it because it feels like it might be plastic, I can't tell.  My initial thought was that it was metal, but more playing around with it, I think its just plastic.

The lens hood is extremely bad.  It is so brittle and will most likely shatter if you drop it..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

More

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!