Pics with Zeiss Distagon FE 35mm f/1.4

One hell of a lens! A tad cold for my taste (following Zeiss tradition, however), but nothing that a few point of white balance cannot resolve.

If they just managed to make it human-sized   ;)   (I'm not a "small lenses" fundamentalist, but I hike with my equipment so bulk and weight are important)

A few shots with the FE 35 1.4 ZA.

This lens is fantastic! Nice, soft Bokeh close up and crazy sharp stopped down. You definitely don't need to move the sharpening and clarity sliders too much here, if at all. Contrast and colors are perfect too, again, not much PP needed, but if you wish, you can push the colors in a very nice way. Plus there's no distortion.

It is quite large and heavy, I would say it's on the limit. On my A7II it certainly doesn't feel wrong though. Plus I already love that aperture ring. For typical street style though, I recommend holding on to the little brother FE 35 2.8.

I've mainly shot the FE55 for over a year now. But I just love that focal length, you can do just everything with a fast 35mm lens.

16846133258_588c8d4070_c.jpg

16863917247_7174418526_c.jpg

16883787780_a6d902f460_c.jpg

16863929117_458c2e9a75_c.jpg

16893422909_373560c87b_c.jpg

17078151322_bca498a6eb_c.jpg

Thanks Max.

How about a trip to Switzerland before giving away your camera gear?  ;)

Yes, onion rings unfortunately are a subject with this lens too. Just like with the FE 1.8/55. Its no big concern for me though. One could call it "character"...

But actually, I remember an interview with a Sony guy saying they're trying to figure out a way to get rid of them. Guess they didn't wanna trade any sharpness or contrast for that and I'm quite okay with that decision then.