New post on SONYVNIKON

Looking at all his posts here on the sony alpha forum, black-hearted people could assume - could    -    that our much-loved Max is just someone paid by Nikon sales ..... :-)

Max, you maxed this out, you will have to find a new pseudonym.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

I love how you've used that Leica avatar on all your HaterNet profiles. I'm sure it's not you and you just thought you were being funny using it rather than branding yourself.

... but he has a "Nikon" strap and he is not using a Sony A7r ... I mean, it _all_ makes sense now.

Up until today I always believed the 14.4x capability of the Sony EVF was superior to Nikon's LCD live view with a 3x hood loupe.    Although the Nikon and hood loop (Zacuto or Hoodman) is a clunky solution the combination is superior in its use for critical focus. 

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/the-best-a-man-can-get/

sonyvnikon.jpg

Hardly a fitting comparison, the exposures are different to my eyes.

Of course they are different.    Shot through the same lens within a few minutes but the lossy compression and astigmatism of the A7r screw the pooch in dozens of ways. 

A few quantitative data points from my testing of the A7r and D810

1. Sony's sensor glass astigmatism results in losing ~ 20% of resolution in same lens testing.

2. Same glass, same composition, same settings testing and RawDigger analysis shows that a Sony RAW file has as little as 10% of the discrete color values as the Nikon uncompressed RAW file.

3. Similar system (A7r and D810 with 70-200 native lenses) show that at f4.0 the Nikon resolves 2x the what Sony does.

Lastly, the D810 live view with 3x hoodloupe produces more detail than the Sony at 14.4x (if you can't see it how can you critically focus it? )

Yeah they're different alright. 

Hardly a fitting comparison, the exposures are different to my eyes.

I'm not the first idiot with a cap on. 

http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/426-a7r-finicky/page-2?hl=clapton&do=findComment&comment=3030

Or politician

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/binoculars.asp

I love how you've used that Leica avatar on all your HaterNet profiles. I'm sure it's not you and you just thought you were being funny using it rather than branding yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCtVxsotUlU

Well if you've managed to screw up the exposure the comparison is null and void. And no, I'm not giving your trollfest 'blog' a hit by visiting. Get a real job.

Clearly nobody in the entire world is able to MF using a Sony A series camera. according to Max the blog.

Damn, I've only been here a short while and my ignore list is growing exponentially. What is it about Sony that makes this forum flypaper for freaks?

Well if you've managed to screw up the exposure the comparison is null and void. And no, I'm not giving your trollfest 'blog' a hit by visiting. Get a real job.

Clearly nobody in the entire world is able to MF using a Sony A series camera. according to Max the blog.

Damn, I've only been here a short while and my ignore list is growing exponentially. What is it about Sony that makes this forum flypaper for freaks?

Sony screws up the exposure.  It's a well known fact that +2/3 to 1 stop is needed to get the A7r to expose properly.  Not only that, it's also well know that ETTR causes Sony files to band and posterize more readily. 

It's amusing that trolling still works. I opened this

thread expecting entertainment, and shure nuff,

got triple my money's worth. The thread title is a

"Nikon vs Sony" thing, so I knew what I'd find ...

Nikon vs Sony is nothing like "Ford vs Chevy".

It's more like "Freightliner vs Alpha Romeo", as  

in: "What's the point ?". 

Anywho, thanks for a fun time ! Let's do it again,

reeeeeal soooon !  

`  

Child vs adult ?

Hint - you're the child.

It's amusing that trolling still works. I opened this

thread expecting entertainment, and shure nuff,

got triple my money's worth. The thread title is a

"Nikon vs Sony" thing, so I knew what I'd find ...

Nikon vs Sony is nothing like "Ford vs Chevy".

It's more like "Freightliner vs Alpha Romeo", as  

in: "What's the point ?". 

Anywho, thanks for a fun time ! Let's do it again,

reeeeeal soooon !  

`  

• 3 months later...

Up until today I always believed the 14.4x capability of the Sony EVF was superior to Nikon's LCD live view with a 3x hood loupe.    Although the Nikon and hood loop (Zacuto or Hoodman) is a clunky solution the combination is superior in its use for critical focus. 

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/the-best-a-man-can-get/

sonyvnikon.jpg

Why were these images taken at different settings?

The one on the right is obvioulsy overexposed and the DOF is more shallow compared to the left one, too shallow for the operator.

Why were these images taken at different settings?

The one on the right is obvioulsy overexposed and the DOF is more shallow compared to the left one, too shallow for the operator.

The image is kinda misleading.  According to the description, he is comparing the large LCD image on the back of the Nikon to the tiny electronic viewfinder on the A7r and im not sure how he captured the Sony evf image. We don't know how much he cropped and enlarged it, he doesn't say. In fact his whole webpage is vague like that.

.... ..... ... .. .... ...

Damn, I've only been here a short

while and my ignore list is growing

exponentially.

What is it about Sony that makes

this forum flypaper for freaks?

In plain non-colloquial language,

the reason for that is that Nikon

is a penis substitute.

Ya hadda ask ? !

So since you did ask ... if you're

wondering how that ties in to "dog",