Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton II on a7R / a7S

Jan Anne

Hi all. I am also fun of this lens. Its rendering and super shallow DOF gives many opportunities for some unique shots. Paired with helicoid adapter, it can be used as a macro lens as well. That said, I just got FE 35/1.4 and I am in dilemma. Like them both, FE has different, but also very nice bokeh, AF and is a native mount. My copy is not sharper than CV 35, but corners wide open are much better. FE is huge, but I can justify that having AF motor and being fast. Wish I could keep both, but one will have to go, question is which? Looking forward to all comment, making my decision even harder... :)

Here is few from Nokton 35 on a7R

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A7 + 35 1.2 II with Metabone adaptor. PP by LR6 with profile applies. The IQ is great and out-of-focus is unique. I do mostly street photography so i stop down a bit (2.0, sometimes 8.0 to do focus zone). I really love the result :)

22386187653_8c06f74d94_b.jpgMelbourne Monochrome 056 - Smoke by Cieu Meo, on Flickr

23101576871_acdbbebda7_b.jpgMelbourne Monochrome 060 - Look by Cieu Meo, on Flickr

22698023359_8ab922f434_b.jpgMelbourne Monochrome 062 - Thinking by Cieu Meo, on Flickr

I love this lens. Had it on my A7 II for a month or so now and I can count the number of times it has come off. Wide open in the center it's stunning, but anything out of the center and you're going to want to go f1.8 if your primary concern is sharpness. But that's fine. I wanted a lens with character and that's what I got.

A gallery of some shots from this lens on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/anderswotzke/albums/72157660268043172

22386727143_23f6c96f0e_o_d.jpg

22420070181_23d95884af_k_d.jpg

22422700926_89b7e5d2f2_o_d.jpg

22466181231_acbf85851c_k_d.jpg

I got the Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2 II and the close-focus adapter for my Sony A7r. 

Have been using it during the entire Dreamhack Winter 2015 this weekend and almost only in f/1.2 or f/1.4. Let's just say that the dark environment at Dreamhack doesn't favour the Sony A7r - so a fast, manual lens is great to have.

I have shot and posted close to 100 pictures from the event. Here are two of the pictures:

Opening ceremony at Dreamhack Winter 2015

Christmas comes early

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i love this lens too but it is quite heavy, also very nice nokton 50mm 1.5 much smaller and lighter and the character comes close to the 35mm 1.2

nokton 35mm 1.2 II

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!