Commlite adapter causing electric short?

Has anyone else had this issue?

I received a Sony a7s as a gift last month, with a Commlite adapter, Canon 50mm F1.8 lens, and a Tamron 28-75mm F2.6 lens. I was happily using the camera with the Tamron lens, turned it off, and then one hour later decided to take another photo but the camera wouldn't turn on. Weird, I thought, maybe the battery has somehow died even though it was at 75% last I checked. I went home and put in a fully charged battery. Nothing.

Long story short, it seems that if you mount the adapter and lens onto any other Sony a7s, that camera won't turn on either. It'll be totally dead. You have to take out the battery and put it into the recharger. The battery will initially register as empty but then after a moment, it will suddenly remember that it's charged. Then if you take the adapter (and lens) off the camera and put the (re-charged) battery back in, the camera turns on like nothing happened. But it won't work with the adapter & lens on it.

The camera shop concluded that the adapter must be at fault. I don't think it's the Tamron lens, since the same issue exists with the Canon lens too. I've googled all around the net and haven't found any other discussions on the topic of an adapter somehow shorting out the battery. Is this a weird fluke case? I know it's a cheap adapter. I'm wondering if I should bother trying to get it repaired or whether I should buy another kind of adapter (Fotodiox?). I wish I could buy a native Sony lens, but that's out of my budget at the moment....

You`re talking about a Commlite adapter. But surely not about the Commlite CM-ENF-E(1). This is definitely not cheap (more or less 400$).

That means you`re talking about non-AF adapter only manual working.

Without any electrical connection the adapter can`t be resposible for your issue.

I think there`s something wrong with your camera.