Which settings for video in A6300

I am new to Sony Alpha cameras. The promotion video of the A6300 by Sony made it look fairly simple to record video. There were these green little boxes floating around a subject (e.g. the dog on the beach) and they followed the subject when it was moving.

Unfortunately I fail to see these green boxes when recording video. I would like to track a subject when filming and really struggle finding out what would be the right settings.

I used a large af point to select a person I wanted to track and then pressed the record button in film mode (film stripe icon). But obviously the af point won't move, so I don't know if the camera is really tracking the subject. This might sound a bit weird. But I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed regarding the focus possibilities so far. In another clip I filmed a person in a mirror. As the person is twice in the frame (in front of the mirror and mirrored) the camera is having big issues with deciding where to focus and jumps back and forth all the time.

But I am sure it is my fault. I would kindly ask someone to please help me with setting up the camera for filming people properly. Thank you so much in advance!

Can anyone please recommend me how to set the camera to record a video with a moving subject (a person) and how I can actually see while recording if the camera tracks this person?

In the meantime I read that the green focus points are only for taking pictures. Not for video.

It works best to use the camera just with manual focussing. For this the camera is quite nice. Even if you don't use picutre profiles.

Besides that, it's a bit tricky that there are barely any people using the camera so far (e.g. here in this forum) and you can hardly get any information/recommendations on the usage.