Please, Sony, give us Multishot / Pixel Shift!

Hasselblad broke the 200 MP barrier with it, Olympus boosted the OM-D EM5II, now Pentax is offering Pixel Shift in its 1899,- Full Frame K-1.

Pixel Shift / Multishot. Yes, it's tripod only. Yes, it only makes sense, if your subject is static.

But, the A7*II has in-Body-Image-Stabilization, thus would probably (given the right software) be able to do this, too.

This is not just about resolution, but mainly about canceling out the bayer interpolation (resulting in more detail, better DR and lower noise even at ISO 100)

Please, Sony, pretty please... give us an App (I'd pay $100+ for it!) or a firmware upgrade.

I've started a request in Sonys "Join the Inspiration"-Community last December, maybe you want to join?

• 2 weeks later...

My Dear Friend,

Multishot is not a Software issue, you need a Sensor that can be moved in an aspecific line/Matter in a distance of halfpixel, that means you need a new Sensor-design. It is absolute possible because I think Sony can become the Technologe from Olympus. But as we know that the Sony sensors are so great and the FF surface is big enogh, I personally prefare better sensors to be able to use for Handheldphotography and not just with the tripod.