How to set up bracketing settings on Sony a7II?

How to set up bracketing settings on Sony a7II?

I do not find the term "bracketing" on a7II as it appears on a7rII.

Does a7II provide a bracketing function?

Or, one has to use the HDR settings?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There is continuous and single shot bracketing as indicated with bkt-s and bkt-c in the drive mode menu. Going left or right on either will allow you to change the number of shots and ev differential between shots. I was glad I had the manual on my iPhone the first time I tried to figure it out [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually you should use bracketing in manual mode. But changing all the settings for this takes time.

But there`s e w to do it witzh the a7II for example.

You need to know that Son`s using Android with this camera. Why not using an apk wuich is done for this kind of cameras.

1. Download the PSAFS-Bracket-release-1.5.apk from http://psafs.pixub.com/#

2..Open the Internet Explorer (NOT other browsers) and go to https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/

3. Connect your camera in USB mass-storage mode to your computer

4. In Internet Explorer go th the top of the page Install - then If you haven't installed the PMCA Downloader plugin, install it here

(just installing the plugin for the browser)- with the LOG you see - Loading plugin-Plugin loaded

5. Noe you press - Get camera info (after some moments you will see listed all Apps of the camera)

6. Now go to Install again search where you downloaded the PSAFS-Bracket-release-1.5.apk and press continue

On the srenn you can see when the install procedure is finished.

Turn your camera off andf then On agein. Go to Menu - Applications. There you can find the new App Bracket. Start it.

Now the camera changed automaticly to manual mode, you adjust the aperture, time, focus, how many shots you want and the shutter delay.

Everything sounds complicated, but it`s definitly NOT! After understanding how the app works you will be happy.

Just to clear up one thing: It`s not a hack. It`s the same like installing an APP on a smartphone. If you don`t like one you can deinstall it.-

SONY needs to earn money. There are some nice guys working not only with a camera.They are able programming Android.and sharing this.

That`s great. In future we will find many good helpful ideas.

For example: With open memories you are not restricted in 30 minutes video recording. You can change this up th 13 hours.

In future we`ll get all the possible things Sony forgot.

• 1 year later...

Usually you should use bracketing in manual mode. But changing all the settings for this takes time.

But there`s e w to do it witzh the a7II for example.

You need to know that Son`s using Android with this camera. Why not using an apk wuich is done for this kind of cameras.

1. Download the PSAFS-Bracket-release-1.5.apk from http://psafs.pixub.com/#

2..Open the Internet Explorer (NOT other browsers) and go to https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/

3. Connect your camera in USB mass-storage mode to your computer

4. In Internet Explorer go th the top of the page Install - then If you haven't installed the PMCA Downloader plugin, install it here

(just installing the plugin for the browser)- with the LOG you see - Loading plugin-Plugin loaded

5. Noe you press - Get camera info (after some moments you will see listed all Apps of the camera)

6. Now go to Install again search where you downloaded the PSAFS-Bracket-release-1.5.apk and press continue

On the srenn you can see when the install procedure is finished.

Turn your camera off andf then On agein. Go to Menu - Applications. There you can find the new App Bracket. Start it.

Now the camera changed automaticly to manual mode, you adjust the aperture, time, focus, how many shots you want and the shutter delay.

Everything sounds complicated, but it`s definitly NOT! After understanding how the app works you will be happy.

Just to clear up one thing: It`s not a hack. It`s the same like installing an APP on a smartphone. If you don`t like one you can deinstall it.-

SONY needs to earn money. There are some nice guys working not only with a camera.They are able programming Android.and sharing this.

That`s great. In future we will find many good helpful ideas.

For example: With open memories you are not restricted in 30 minutes video recording. You can change this up th 13 hours.

In future we`ll get all the possible things Sony forgot.

I know this is an old post but the link to the PSAFS-Bracket-release-1.5.apk is broken. Is there any chance you could upload it to dropbox or other file sharing site and share the link?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...