Problems with live view / Sony A7RII

Hello

I am having problems with my live view in the Sony A7RII. Most of the times the back screen is black and I have to turn the camera on and off before the live view is visible. Then it's enough to move my hand in front of the viewfinder or put my eye towards the viewfinder and the screen goes black. When I remove the hand or my eyes, the live view does not come back.

Has anyone the same problem and do you know if the camera has to be fixed or if there's anyway to correct this in the menu?

Would appreciate any help !!

Unfortunately the sensor in the eye piece to my mind over sensitive and does turn the lcd off if you get to close to the eyepiece, learn to tilt the lens down to correct this is my only solution, I tend now to set the rear screen to manual and don't use view finder much.

One way to check this is to switch to manual selection for the EVF and LCD screen. Now you can toggle manually between each. If the LCD screen stills goes or stays black when switching between the two the camera needs to be fixed. Also check the EVF sensor to see if it is dirty, which could also cause auto switching problems.

I believe I broke my auto sensor in the eyepiece when shooting in moderate snow and rain on a workshop. Instead of losing my camera to repair, I custom set button 4 to be able to switch manually back and forth. This is actually how I prefer it now over auto, when in auto accidentally having a camera strap engage it at times. Now that never happens anymore.