New Lens Firmware available for SEL35F28Z”, “SEL2470Z”, “SEL55F18Z”, “SEL70200G” and “SEL2870” Windows only

New lens firmware available for SEL35F28Z”, “SEL2470Z”, “SEL55F18Z”, “SEL70200G” and “SEL2870” lenses. This update provides the “Quick starting” function. I ran it on my A7ii with 55 1.8 and on my kit  28-70 lenses. Updated lens version from .01 to .02 and start up times are faster. The file linked is for the 55 1.8 lens. To get the others just replace the lens number at the end of the URL. I'm in the USA and ran these and they work fine.  These are for Windows only. Don't know of any Mac links yet.

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/602218/product/sel55f18z

They are already avaiable at the Asian site, I did the update for both the 35 f 2.8 and 70-200 this morning - downloaded the updates last night. Just choose mac os x as operating system, I am using os x 10.10, don't know about availability for other versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are already avaiable at the Asian site, I did the update for both the 35 f 2.8 and 70-200 this morning - downloaded the updates last night. Just choose mac os x as operating system, I am using os x 10.10, don't know about availability for other versions.

Thanks. I've now learned from you and a couple of other sources that the Mac version continues to be unavailable on the US site, but is available on the Asian site.

On the off chance that Sony is providing localized versions of the firmware, I'm going to just wait 'till the updates are available on the US site.

Best,

Marty

The European Sony support site has always been very slow to get updates on the website, so I have used the "Asian" firmwares on my Sony cameras (A100, A700, NEX-3, and A77 before A7), and have never noticed any localisations.