a6000 in superior auto low light problem. Help....

I bought the a6000 with the two kit lenses as well as sony's 50mm 1.8 lens. My only gripe and or problem is I can't get this thing to stop taking long exposed images in a low light setting while set to superior auto. For example in all of my other Sony cameras the low light setting usually triggers 5 or 6 images rapidly and then stacks them to make one decent low light image. My hx9 did this and my rx100 m3 does this while set in superior auto why is it that the a6000 is taking a couple of long exposed images and then processing them. It ends up being one big blurry blob, obviously hand held which is what I'm talking about. I know that I am an idiot and it is not the camera's fault, I just can't figure out what setting to change to correct this. Please help me, I've looked all over the internet for this problem and apparently I am indeed the only one. I love this camera and don't want to return it, help...

Hello, I owned a sony a6000 for two years, and while I didnt use "Superior Auto" too much, I also never saw it do as you say your other cameras did and take many (five?) images that it later merged to increase light (not counting HDR). Since I never experienced this thing, I could not say if it exists, but you could try just using another mode (maybe try out manual or A?) and set Aperture to 1.8 on the 50mm and increase ISO until you get a usable Shutter speed indicated (A-mode), or just set ISO to 3-12000 and shutter speed to 1/10th - 1/20th and see if your images are bright enough (increase ISO if not)?

If this feature should exist on the a6000, maybe you could check if it comes on in Intelligent Auto? And maybe check if the ISO-AUTO isnt set to a low ISO?

But as I said, I never saw my a6000 do "a couple of long exposed images and then processing them" in any setting (still didnt use Auto to much) or do 5 rapid shots to boost light, so I couldnt tell if this is normal / possible or if it is a setting that you might have tripped inadvertently that gives many slow exposures. If you have been fiddling with setting, you could try resetting to factory default and see if the desired exposure-thing happens?

I wouldnt say a bad word about your previous cameras (as far as I know they are brilliant), but I know a6000 is very capable and might just be a little to "professional" to have the effect you miss. If an image can be produced, a6000 can do it and might not need a Magic Trick. Try Manual settings, or Aperture priority mode and play around with the 50mm (the other lenses wont be able to make a half-good image in low light) :)

C