A7r with Tamron 150-600 but no raw in JPEG+RAW setting?

I am using the LA-EA4 sony adapter to fit the Tamron 150-600 lens with stunning results but it only seems to take JPEGs even though the camera is set to JPEG+RAW , it will take RAW if the camera is set to RAW only, has anybody got any suggestions please.

I cropped this down 50% for ease of viewing but its still large sorry about that

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Cool photo. Sometimes import settings for photo editing software will show JPEG's only when both JPEG and RAW are present on the SD Card. I would check those settings and/or check directly the content of the SD Card.

Dieselhead,

I am also using the LA-EA4 sony adapter to fit the Tamron 150-600 lens with stunning results (on the A7II and have had no problem generating the RAW file with the JPEG + RAW settings.  I think Timde may be right.

Here is a terrible test shot; I attach it only as an example of a RAW file generated with the above set up.  

Just another bland test shot with the Tamron 150-600 for those that have not tried it; this one is at 300mm at f/8.  Very sharp lens.  Is it my favorite lens of all time?  No, but perhaps the best new lens value I ever got and it is more than capable.

It doesn't need to shoot always with heavy caliber onto sparrows! I have done

this with heavy glasses on medium format cameras, as well as with 35mm DSRL for many years!

This attached hand held shot is shot within an distance of approx. 4 Km. Lateron, someone told me, that there was an roofer working on top of the main castle

tower!

• 2 weeks later...