Loxia 50

Youpii

Hello

I made a quick field review of the Loxia 50 with some pics.

https://beautifullenses.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/zeiss-loxia-planar-50/

Conclusion: Buy it now! (If you can bear with Manual Focus)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On the Sony firmware side, I’d like the « MF Assist On/Off » to be directly reachable from the C1/C2/C3 buttons.

I have this on button C1. Press once shows the magnify square (which can be moved), second press first magnification, third press additional magnification. Magnification can be set to go away after 2 or 10 seconds.

I have this on button C1. Press once shows the magnify square (which can be moved), second press first magnification, third press additional magnification. Magnification can be set to go away after 2 or 10 seconds.

I have this too but "MF Assist" is the feature that activates the magnification automatically when you turn the focus ring on the Loxia, which is nice but sometimes want to deactivate.

Its a bit annoying, could be nicer if it zoomed only in the center part of the viewfinder, leaving the outer border of the viewfinder un-zoomed, so that is possible to focus and frame at the same time.

Its a bit annoying, could be nicer if it zoomed only in the center part of the viewfinder, leaving the outer border of the viewfinder un-zoomed, so that is possible to focus and frame at the same time.

I agree that feature would be a nice improvement to the firmware. But that's for Sony to do, for all the lenses.