Can't Seem to MicroAdjust 24-70mm GM or the 85mm GM

I got both lenses in and have been doing a lot of testing.

one thing i noticed.. is that I can't get this to Micro Adjust feature to work on Either of the new lenses... I did update to the latest FW of 3.10...  anyone else having this issue?

or know that GM Micro Adjustment is not supported?

Micro adjustment to my knowledge is for A-Mount lenses used on a LA-EA2 or 4 adapter only.

There is a mirror in these that send the necessary image to the adapter's PDAF sensors which may diffract these portions of the image that are used by the sensors falsifying the AF position. The adapter in this case is the one to decide on AF position and lens movement.

This was to correct for a design fault for all AF SLR cameras of the past.

With on-sensor AF, this is not useful/necessary since there is no more possible wrong evaluation of the AF due to mirror/AF sensor position relative to where the image will be actually generated.

The option to micro adjust is probably greyed out in your menu because of this

Micro adjustment to my knowledge is for A-Mount lenses used on a LA-EA2 or 4 adapter only.

There is a mirror in these that send the necessary image to the adapter's PDAF sensors which may diffract these portions of the image that are used by the sensors falsifying the AF position. The adapter in this case is the one to decide on AF position and lens movement.

This was to correct for a design fault for all AF SLR cameras of the past.

With on-sensor AF, this is not useful/necessary since there is no more possible wrong evaluation of the AF due to mirror/AF sensor position relative to where the image will be actually generated.

The option to micro adjust is probably greyed out in your menu because of this

thanks! i found out thru some research last night

I got both lenses in and have been doing a lot of testing.

one thing i noticed.. is that I can't get this to Micro Adjust feature to work on Either of the new lenses... I did update to the latest FW of 3.10...  anyone else having this issue?

or know that GM Micro Adjustment is not supported?

Why were you trying to micro adjust in the first place? Focus is not accurate?

Why were you trying to micro adjust in the first place? Focus is not accurate?

the 85mm looked like it was back focusing a bit...

tried all the focusing chart things with my canon and it absolutely made a difference when i did it right.

the chart ended using was : http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/focus-chart

I tried others, but this one was simply the easiest to see.

as it turns out, the gray text was actually getting picked up and getting focused on it.  which I guess will happen with PDAF sensors. i suppose if I used contrast detect only this method would have been fine.

anyway the chart come in different degrees of gray text, and i used the 10% and it showed that AF was dead on!

TLDR; False alarm.

focuschart-v1.0-c.png