Minolta - NEX fotodiox adapter too tight?

albertdros

I just received the nex to minolta mount (manual focus only) fotodiox adapter. It fits extremely tight on the mount. So tight I had a hard time removing it again from the mount (had the 135 2.8 mounted on it). Now I'm just scared to put it on again, damaging the mount.

I'm using the A7II. Anyone else had this experience? Maybe I should just buy another adapter...

Hi, 

my only experience with Fotodiox has been with the Mamiya 645 adapter, and that works fine. When in doubt, though, you could try one of the adapters I mentioned elsewhere in this forum:

http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/384-a-good-brand-of-cheap-chinese-adapters/

I have them in Leica M, Minolta MD, Contax and now even Canon EF mount and in all the variations have proved to be of really high quality, not just "for the price". I cannot vouch for them in the long run, given I've had them for less than a month so far.

But they have no play whatsoever, the tightness is right (not like a "death grip"), the infinite has so far been spot on with all my adapted lenses and the focusing scale is correct. In my book this is near perfection.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part: they cost less than 10$ each   :D

The only problem is that, living in Italy, they take ages to arrive from China. But it is my understanding that this is just a customs problem, so if you're buying from another country it should not affect you.

Hi, 

my only experience with Fotodiox has been with the Mamiya 645 adapter, and that works fine. When in doubt, though, you could try one of the adapters I mentioned elsewhere in this forum:

http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/384-a-good-brand-of-cheap-chinese-adapters/

I have them in Leica M, Minolta MD, Contax and now even Canon EF mount and in all the variations have proved to be of really high quality, not just "for the price". I cannot vouch for them in the long run, given I've had them for less than a month so far.

But they have no play whatsoever, the tightness is right (not like a "death grip"), the infinite has so far been spot on with all my adapted lenses and the focusing scale is correct. In my book this is near perfection.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part: they cost less than 10$ each   :D

The only problem is that, living in Italy, they take ages to arrive from China. But it is my understanding that this is just a customs problem, so if you're buying from another country it should not affect you.

thanks for the tip! Going to try one of those maybe :)

edit. Just ordered this one. Only 10 bucks and free shipping so will just try this out :) Will probably take a month to arrive but it's fine :)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

some mounting rings are too tight. Look at the inside front metal ring : you may see three thin gaps. You can tighten them to have more clearance, use a small plier.

If you need, you can unscreww the 3 screws, remove the ring and do the job more easily.