Jupiter-9 85mm f/2

addicted2light

This is the m39 version of the lens, a silver one made in 1957.

This tiny little thing is producing probably the best bokeh of all the lenses I have. And at f/2 is really quite sharp as well.

A log on a path in the "Fossiata" forest, Italy

I've probably definitely read too much fantasy stuff when I was a kid, but this kinda looks like some kind of dragon to me!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

Then I got lucky! I bought a cheap Chinese one (around 1.50$ shipped) from m39 to Leica M bayonet (that I use in combination with another adapter from Leica M to Sony E) and it is working perfectly. No decentering, it is staying put without unscrewing itself and the lens is in the correct position.

• 9 months later...

I just scored a Jupiter 9, silver, m39 on kijiji. I purchased a Fotodiox m39->M adapter which I use in conjunction to my Voigtlander close focus adapter. Great combo. Focus+infinity all good.

Here are a few street test shots I took. Sharpness is very good in the center with slight degradation off center wide open. I also noticed some CA (purple and yellow fringing) It does not have the razor sharpness wide open that my Summicron 50/2 has across the frame and does not render the same 3d pop but overall I really do like the rendering and the bokeh!

24258529742_d60bef3b51_k.jpgSnowy by Colin Surprenant, on Flickr

23739932203_a7afec4dbd_k.jpgYet Another Mile-End Anarchy by Colin Surprenant, on Flickr

24258532722_a3c0782ee8_k.jpgWinter Miniature House by Colin Surprenant, on Flickr

24366747475_4461170531_k.jpgBook Box by Colin Surprenant, on Flickr

23739936953_7937f0dcec_k.jpgSnowy Alley by Colin Surprenant, on Flickr