A6000 video run time

A second camera is a must. Nothing more boring than an hour performance from the same viewpoint. Sony A7s II has a maximum recording time for video of 30 minutes. With a two camera set up I can keep one camera running while I reposition the other one at a different location. Keep running back-and-forth and you will have a continuous performance from two different cameras. You can even change perspective by shooting at 4K and then cropping in on the image to reframe the subject. Intercut with some audience shots and some close up from the other camera and you've got something worth watching. Even the Super Bowl would be boring on TV if the camera position never changed.

Watching a video of one hour from one point of view would be really boring ... even if it was your kid!

For me, I would organise a couple of other cams and change the angle of view every few minutes, or when things change, to keep the interest of the viewer.

I would use 3 - one wide angle, one side view and one on any soloist

I have been asked to record an hour - long choral concert. My A6000 stops after 20 minutes. I cannot see how I can adjust the runtime. Surely there is, buried deep in a sub-sub-sub menu, a tweekable? Any help appreciated!

it is COMPLETELY impossible to record longer than the 20 minute limit. sorry. the reason involves taxes. in the EU, any camera that records over a certain time limit per video clip is classified as a camcorder. Sony would have to pay a higher tariff to import the Sony a6000 into Europe, and they don't want to expend the extra money to make multiple models, so we're stuck. sorry. 20 minutes is all you get, and unless you get an external recorder thru HDMI like a Blackmagic Video Assist, you can't go beyond 20 minutes

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...