My first trip to China

sergio

This is my first submission on SAR!

Here are some of the pictures from my first trip to China in January. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Taken either in the Summer Palace or in the Forbidden City in Beijing.

Shot with a Sony A99.

Flickr
500px

我很喜欢光在你的照片,和小猫很可爱, :D  谢谢分享!并欢迎SAF!*

You cannot see me, but at the moment I'm pretty much green from envy: China is one of my dream-destinations that I never seem to be able to visit   :(

*I really like the light in your pictures, and the kitten is cute, thanks for sharing! And welcome to SAF!

I was there and there were a lot of people. How did you manage to find the space empty?

There was an amazing crowd of people that day, too. However, about 20 minutes before closing time, most people suddenly disappeared. I had very little time left and I had to move very fast, though. I wish I could have taken more pictures.

我很喜欢光在你的照片,和小猫很可爱, :D  谢谢分享!并欢迎SAF!*

You cannot see me, but at the moment I'm pretty much green from envy: China is one of my dream-destinations that I never seem to be able to visit   :(

*I really like the light in your pictures, and the kitten is cute, thanks for sharing! And welcome to SAF!

Thanks. There's surprisingly good weather in winter in Beijing and the quality of the light was amazing. I hope you can visit China someday, it's a great travel destination with lots of unique places. Oh, and plenty of delicious food, too.

What was in your travel pack?

I've not had a chance to travel with my A99 yet.  Having travelled with my Nex-7 a few times, suddenly weight is a consideration.

What lenses (more than one?) did you take with you?

Carrying a heavy camera bag all day is exhausting and therefore gear choice is a major concern to me, but I don't have that many options... Here's what was inside my travel pack:

Sony A99

Planar T* 85mm F1.4 Prime Lens

Distagon T* 24mm F2 Prime Lens

a spare battery

64Gb SD card

16Gb Memory Stick Pro

and some extension tubes from Kenko for macro photography.

I don't recommend this set of gear for travel to anyone though. I really like the image quality both my lenses produce, but together with my A99, they're really heavy! In addition, I have to frequently swap lenses, which is a hassle. I'd like to buy a Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F2.8 Zoom Lens for travel, but I haven't been able to do so yet because that lens is so expensive...