IBIS-Not, because… the Trade-off

So I’ve been lurking a bit, and posting just a bit, and I hear a lot of complaints about the a6300 not having IBIS and how awful of Sony because of that. And then I hear people explain that the a6300 would have to be much bigger if it had IBIS, and that would make the camera just like the larger A7RII, etc., and cost so much more, too. So, OSS in the lenses allows the a6300 to be smaller, while IBIS in the A7RII allows for non-stabilized lenses to be utilized, but it’s bigger. I get it. It’s the trade-off.

Yet still every day someone rants at Sony for the a6300 not having IBIS. I googled optical stabilization and it seems (to my less educated brain) that IBIS requires actual moving parts inside the camera to stabilize the image on the sensor. And that these mechanical parts take up lots of room inside the camera. And that also costs more.

So here’s my question… is it really possible mechanically, or electronically, to actually put IBIS in the a6xxx models without swelling the size, weight and cost up? or do we just live with the trade-off?

Thanks for your time

Maybe I was just fooling myself? I wondered if I was missing something, since so may folks posed the IBIS requirement. So, the answer to my either-or question is, "yes"!

Thanks Golem!

yea... I'm sorry friend you answered your own question. it's a situation like the sound of one hand clapping.

So I’ve been lurking a bit, and posting just a bit, and I hear a lot of complaints about the a6300 not having IBIS and how awful of Sony because of that. And then I hear people explain that the a6300 would have to be much bigger if it had IBIS, and that would make the camera just like the larger A7RII, etc., and cost so much more, too. So, OSS in the lenses allows the a6300 to be smaller, while IBIS in the A7RII allows for non-stabilized lenses to be utilized, but it’s bigger. I get it. It’s the trade-off.

Yet still every day someone rants at Sony for the a6300 not having IBIS. I googled optical stabilization and it seems (to my less educated brain) that IBIS requires actual moving parts inside the camera to stabilize the image on the sensor. And that these mechanical parts take up lots of room inside the camera. And that also costs more.

So here’s my question… is it really possible mechanically, or electronically, to actually put IBIS in the a6xxx models without swelling the size, weight and cost up? or do we just live with the trade-off?

Thanks for your time

Sony have not been able so far to do it without the increase space and cost, so I'll say no.

Still no IBIS is a deal breaker for me, then I'll rather get a Nikon.

Fortunately I am not in the marked for APS-C but FF, and Sony's FF have IBIS.

Even if the A6300 had been bigger, I'd have bought it. Regarding the price, I guess that an A6000, with nothing more than IBIS (and PDAF for adapted lenses) wouldn't have cost much more than the A6300. 

I just think Sony has focused to AF speed, which will be the selling argument of the APS-C line-up : APS-C for sport, FF for image quality.