Off-camera flash for RX100IV, do any of the Alpha owners know one?

Can any of the flash lights Sony makes for the Alpha or Nex series be triggered by the RX100IV...?

Since I'm unwilling to buy the A7SII without BSI sensor and its various issues, I figured I'll get a pocket cam that's decent at video to use until the A7S III gets released.

But I'm held up by having trouble finding any usable info on Sony flashes (or any other flashes) that can be used with it, given that it doesn't have a hot shoe.

RX100 I with nissin Di700A

Awesome, thanks a lot!  I went to Amazon and found a reviewer who also talked about using it that way.

I guess some Yuonuo?? flashes can apparently also do that, but most people said the Nissin Di700A was just full of awesome in every way...

So I'm gonna order the Sony version, so I can use it with my A7S mark3.  I'm sending a magic spell in Sony's direction every morning to hurry up with that.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I went to Amazon and found a reviewer who also talked about using it that way.

I guess some Yuonuo?? flashes can apparently also do that, but most people said the Nissin Di700A was just full of awesome in every way...

So I'm gonna order the Sony version, so I can use it with my A7S mark3. I'm sending a magic spell in Sony's direction every morning to hurry up with that.

if you are referring to HSS, sorry Yongnuo does not offer that on Sony at this time. but even a Nissin Di700A will not work on a RX100 IV. the song version will work on an a7S though

if you are referring to HSS, sorry Yongnuo does not offer that on Sony at this time. but even a Nissin Di700A will not work on a RX100 IV. the song version will work on an a7S though

I know that the RX100IV doesn't have any interface, but it has a small built in flash...   Thanks to Apollwnios' hint, I found several flashes that will work in optical slave mode.

These flash units can slave to the built-in little flash of the RX100IV - they detect the light of the flash and fire.

This works for some Yongnuo flashes and it works for the Nissin Di700, the Nissin Di40 and the soon to come Di60.   I think I will probably get the Di40, cause its a fair bit smaller and lighter than the Di700 and it also doesn't have any menu, just two rotary knobs to pick your settings. I like that.

There's 2 optical slave modes I discovered, one for flashes with pre-flash and one for flashes without, so you can just set it to the mode that matches how your camera's flash works and bingo!  :D

does the RX100 IV have any options for us in its flash to trigger a slave though? I used to own an RX10 Mark II until about a weak ago. I'm not sure if Yongnuo has an HSS option though. I use Yongnuo YN-560 III and IV units and in my research couldn't find anything. the Nissin Di700A would give HSS though but never researched using my Nissin in slave mode since I use an A7R now and there is no built-in flash on that camera to test this

does the RX100 IV have any options for us in its flash to trigger a slave though?

None electronically, no TTL, no HSS, none of that. 

Only optical trigger - which works fine:

- Have to fire the little built-in flash on the RX100IV and set your Nissin or Yongnuo to be optical slaves, either SF or SD mode, iirc. 

You should be able to find optical trigger instructions in your manual. You use one or the other mode, depending if your built-in flash does pre-flash(es) or not.

• 9 months later...