Really wish The A6300 would have had this

I must admit i really do enjoy using my little a6000 and even love the cheap feeling little 16-50 kit lens that came with it. I have set the camera up to my liking and only have a few gripes that i really wish the predecessor would have had (fixed)!!!

The one thing that i did right away was to disable all the functions on the control wheel on the back of the camera so i could only use it for my shutter speed in manual or exposure comp in aperture mode without accidently changing iso, and focus mode , drive mode which i did a lot before disabling the right, down, and left side buttons of the wheel.

When i am out and especially with cold fingers i find the control wheel so aggrivating and tiny with such a low profile that its really hard to feel and turn the wheel.. why in the hell would sony not put a bigger dial on there or make it protrude more with more of a positive click when turned????

I am venting but Geesh it would be such a great little camera if they would fix that stupid little wheel...... What do you think?

I don't like the wheel either. You

hafta keep an eye on the things

that can change by accident. It's

not a deal breaker. Maybe it's

actually a benefit that my gear

needs me to be on my toes and

pay attention ! In that sense, it

can't be accused of being just

one more robotic digital device

that's dumbing everybody down :-)

• 1 month later...

One review did say the dial had changed.   Hard to tell from the pics.  Same with the "improved" shutter button. 

The dial on top of my A6300 does feel different than that on my former A6000...feels stiffer, actually. But as for the wheel on the back of the camera...I'm not noticing much change.