Samir

Hello guys,

I'm thinking of changing my 5D mark III for Sony Alpha A7s or A7sii because I need to 120fps for slow motion in my films. Furthermore it is lighter and me that I am traveling to 5D began to pain her back! :)
My question is if I need to buy a single gimbal for A7sii that comes with 5-axis IE. if it was necessary I must think A7s solve and the price difference would buy a gimbal. By the way which you suggest? MS1, cam Tv, 4200 Nebula, etc.

Thank you!

If you only need the stablization to make stable handheld shots while holding the camera still the built in 5-axis IBIS of the a7 ii-series of cameras is very good.

Interviews etc. looks almost like they were done with a tripod.

If you want to do moving steadicam-like shots you will need a steadicam or a gimble. I have the MS1 which I am happy with, and probably is the best value for money you can get. Also remember that the "old" a7s has very very slow AF so I would not recomend it for gimbal use except in daylight when you can use the aperture to add more depth of field. 

If your purpose is slow-motion than remember that the "old" a7s can only do 120fps in 720p, not 1080p. If you need 1080p then go for the a7s ii or for the same price buy the old a7s AND the new a6300 for when you need 120fps/1080p video.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I recently got an a7cii and to pair with the compact body, I thought of getting 2 of the trio compact lenses, 24mm F2.8 and 40mm F4.0. (I already have a 70-200mm) However I stumbled upon the newly released 24-50mm F2.8 G. I'm not sure which to get - I like the small factor of the prime lenses ON the body because it's discreet and helps me blend in as an average tourist / doesn't make it obvious when doing street. But if I add the dimensions of the 2 primes together, it takes up more space in the bag than the zoom lens. BUT THEN, the weight of the 2 prime lenses is 110g lesser than the zoom lens. The zoom lens has the added benefit of being more versatile.   So now I'm stumped. Each has their pros and cons and I can't decide which to get. I'd like to hear the views of you guys who are more experts at this.   Edit: I'm a bit concerned about weight because the last time I went overseas my shoulders were aching from carrying too much. Which is why I was looking for small compact primes in the first place.
    • Hi, I have got a6300 which shutter stopped working. I managed to change shutter but unfortunatelly broke shutter motor tape but I fixed that. After repair the shutter is working but not in a proper way, watch with sound. I bought the second shutter and tried to test it before dissaembling again and it doesn't react to magnet but it works fine when I apply 3V. Are there different type of shutter for a6000 - a6400? Back to the question what is wrong with my shutter after first repair? I don't want to put next shutter unfoundedly. Do your sony cameras perform such a self-check after start up?  IMG_5579 (1).webm
    • PRIVATE\M4ROOT\CLIP I had the same issue Couldnt find the videos  even thought it played on the camera  found them all in here   
  • Topics