- Silent shooting

- Eye AF is amazing in studio work

- 90mm Macro is amazing

- 70-200 f4, excelent

I miss and wish for:

- 24-105 or 24-120 f4 really sharp

- A professional flash with working AF assist,

- WI-FI free from horrible playmemories app

- make WiFi compatible with ShutterSnitch App.

- Shutter Snitch app can receive images as they are taken and allows customers to examine the photos in real time without any intervention from the photographer. To use this on the A7r2 I have to use a EYE-FI Card which is ridiculous and the cards are very slow.

I hate:

- Lack of AF assist on flash, none of the Sony or 3rd party flashes has working AF assist, on a 2nd generation is not acceptable

- WiFi being so limited by design

- 24-70 F4, it's really bad expensive crap lens, we need a GM 24-70mm F4, the F2.8 looks great but it is too big, heavy and expensive

- Sony solution to problems is to introduce a new model slightly improved every 12 months. It's ridiculous to expect users to buy a new €3.500 camera every year to solve problems that should not be there in the first place.

Add my settings to Menu.

Unlimited video record time at least in all non-European countries.

Larger buttons that are fully programmable.

Better heat sink/ lower heat producing Sensor and Processor.

Better internal battery and an external grip with NP-780 or larger battery.

Better codecs.

Improved Auto ISO

I also love Eye AF.

What don't you like about the 24-70 f4? Build quality is great and image quality is on par with 24-70 lenses from other manufacturers. You shouldn't look too close at the edges at 24 mm, though :D

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using Tapatalk

I have the A7r2

I love:

- Silent shooting

- Eye AF is amazing in studio work

- 90mm Macro is amazing

- 70-200 f4, excelent

I miss and wish for:

- 24-105 or 24-120 f4 really sharp

- A professional flash with working AF assist,

- WI-FI free from horrible playmemories app

- make WiFi compatible with ShutterSnitch App.

- Shutter Snitch app can receive images as they are taken and allows customers to examine the photos in real time without any intervention from the photographer. To use this on the A7r2 I have to use a EYE-FI Card which is ridiculous and the cards are very slow.

I hate:

- Lack of AF assist on flash, none of the Sony or 3rd party flashes has working AF assist, on a 2nd generation is not acceptable

- WiFi being so limited by design

- 24-70 F4, it's really bad expensive crap lens, we need a GM 24-70mm F4, the F2.8 looks great but it is too big, heavy and expensive

- Sony solution to problems is to introduce a new model slightly improved every 12 months. It's ridiculous to expect users to buy a new €3.500 camera every year to solve problems that should not be there in the first place.

MOI PAREIL : je voudrais un excellent 24-120mm F4 léger et compact pour le voyage et surtout un 24mm fixe F2 parfait (SANS distorsion, franges colorées, ...).

C'est quand même malheureux que par manque de choix on doive se tourner vers des systèmes bizarroïdes (Alpha, Nikkor ou Canon avec bagues complexes et coûteuses) !

I also love Eye AF.

What don't you like about the 24-70 f4? Build quality is great and image quality is on par with 24-70 lenses from other manufacturers. You shouldn't look too close at the edges at 24 mm, though :D

Hi C47, there is nothing to like about the 24-70 f4, it´s not sharp at all, the zoom ring is very stiff, the lens extend to much on zooming and the price is double of it should be for the quality. Just compare it to the Nikon 24-120 f4 or the Nikon/Canon 24-70 f2.8, and you will see the difference. I would love a GM version of this lens

Hi C47, there is nothing to like about the 24-70 f4, it´s not sharp at all, the zoom ring is very stiff, the lens extend to much on zooming and the price is double of it should be for the quality. Just compare it to the Nikon 24-120 f4 or the Nikon/Canon 24-70 f2.8, and you will see the difference. I would love a GM version of this lens

Okay, the lenses you mention might have a bit better IQ, but they also weigh nearly twice as much. Size/weight is very important to me and one of the main advantages of the E-mount system.

If I need superb IQ I use one of my primes. But for a zoom lens the Sony is okay (of course this is subjective). It's still overpriced, that's true.

What's the likelihood of Sony updating firmware on a7rii with EVF continuous shooting, like a6300, at 5fps?  

For a6300 that can shoot at 11fps, it can show 8fps on EVF, but since a7rii can only do 5fps, the same rate would be great.  Currently, we have to blank out EVF review.

Of course it would be great if there was an e-shuttler enabled to do much higher fps for a7rii (since video can do much higher at lower rez, I'd be very happy with 10~15 fps at higher rez - doesn't have to be full but at least APSC size at around 20mp).

My sense is its all software enable-able and not hardware issue for a7rii. 

• 4 weeks later...

Evidently there is a lot of sample variation.

Mine is so - so and certainly nowhere near my 28-70 f/2.8 or 24-120 f/4 Nikkor or my friends 24-70 f/2.8,

although it may be close to a Canon 24-70 f/4.

What he may not like is the focus speed, but that is the camera not the lens.

>Okay, the lenses you mention might have a bit better IQ, but they also weigh nearly twice as much. Size/weight is very important to me and one of the main advantages of the E-mount system.

If I need superb IQ I use one of my primes. But for a zoom lens the Sony is okay (of course this is subjective). It's still overpriced, that's true.<

The only Sony lens that is not overpriced is the 28-135. Yes $2500 is cheap for a Cine lens.

What I don't understand is those that buy an A7x camera because it is "small and lightweight".

This is only true if you put a "Pancake" prime on it. Certainly not a 24-70.

If you want small and lightweight get a pocket camera or buy the MFT system.

• 2 months later...

"A professional flash with working AF assist"

Errrrm Metz AF1 64 is fantastic and has AF assist - also supports the Sony Wireless flash system.

Hello Danmleephoto,

Are you shure about the focus assist with the Metz, because the information i get from Sony and other is that AF assist does not work on the A7 cameras.

If you have one can you pls check, because it would be great.

Thanks

Hello Danmleephoto,

Are you shure about the focus assist with the Metz, because the information i get from Sony and other is that AF assist does not work on the A7 cameras.

If you have one can you pls check, because it would be great.

Thanks

Yes it works, I have the AF52 and the AF-64 - The lights flash and tested it in a very very dark room, I get AF lock. 

Tested on A99, A7II and A7RII - happy to show you on Google Hangouts.