Detailed Manual/Guide for the a7ii and a7rii

joms

Hi guys!

I am fairly new at this. (Beginner) so please bear with me.

Anyway, I'm searching for good guides for my new cameras. Can you guys point me to the right direction. There are quite a lot of websites that discusses the a7 series but I dont know which ones are good. I dont have much time right now to go over each one in detail due to work and i need to learn as much as I can before our vacation trip this coming March, 3rd week.

(Note: i can only spend some extra time on weekdays reading but mostly on weekends im free for around 3hrs).

In this regard, can you point me to a site that has a good detailed manual or guide for both the a7ii and a7rii.

For now this is what I have: (I got these from suggestion on another forum site)

1) Gary Fong video (a7ii and a7rii)

2) "Sony a7 series" (Brian Smith)

3) "Sony alpha a7r II/a7 II Guide to digital photography (David Busch)

4) "The complete guide to Sony's Alpha a7r ii" (Gary Friedman)

Can you guys comment on the above mentioned guides if they are really good. Are there any other guides which you would recommend? (I've read mixed reviews on the Gary Fong video. Maybe someone can tell me a good video guide)

Thanks

I bought Gary Fong's video for the A7ii, it was a good start for getting to know the system + the videos are great.

When I switched to the A7rii, bought from him again but was disappointed. It did not cover all function + as I was already 'within' the system it felt like a guide for the newbies in A7x

Buttom line - I recommand but dont think its enough. Considering buying the Gary friedman guide as well

• 2 weeks later...

+ another for Gary Friedman. Currently have a A7r and swmbo a A7ii. Both are covered between the original book and the ii update.

You have to sit and read in chunks, play with menu settings and see the results.

The ii appendix has a very detailed section on how the various AF modes work and which ones to use for particular situations.

Gerry