I review my Sony 24-70/4 FE lens

Batis

Your review seems to echo most peoples thoughts

24-70 f4 is a lens that has had me on the verge of buying for ages. On my recently sold Canon set up the 24-70 f2.8L was as good as welded on. Now the Sony equivalent has just been announced, I think I am going to seriously consider this f4 version simply for the useful focal length. The GM looks to be above my price range.

24-70/2.8 is an investment with Sony or Canon. I personally think if Sony would get the 24/70/4 lens under $1,000 USD it would be more in line with the value to price.

Regardless of that, I like the lens and use it 100% for food photography. Very useful. Also, a great lens if you are out in daylight and want to snap photos and maybe even use Eye AF. 

I love my fast 2.8 lenses with Canon but I have a MBIV and I will continue to go that route if I need a faster 24/70. 

I have just bought this lens second hand and I must say that I am surprised by how good it is, on my A7II. So far I have not compared it directly to the 35mm F2.8 or the 55mm F1.8 but my first impression is that this lens is better than a lot of the reviews make it out to be. may be quality control is better.