Pixel King for Sony and Sony a7rii

pep1112

I just received the Pixel King triggers to be used with 2 Nikon SB900 flashes and they work and do high speed sync up to 1/8000. I can also change the power of the flash and works 90% of the times.

I will like to use the in high speed sync with my Cheetah Light and it only sync up to 1/250s.

Does anyone knows if there is an update to fix both issues (90% of working and the issue with the Cheetah Light and if it exists, where to find it?

I am ok with using them in manual mode, I never used TTL.

It seems this company (Pixel) is not working full time.

I found one but the date of the update is May 16, 2012 and is very old. http://www.pixelhk.com/Down/DownPage.aspx...

I admit I'm not really sure the exact nature of your problem. I use pixel Kings on my Sony A7 and after updating to the latest firmware I've never had a problem. I've also never heard of anyone using Nikon flashes With a Sony body and a pixel king set of transmitters and receivers as a go between.

So, yes updating to the latest firmware is a good idea, especially with the A7 bodies. Will it fix your issues with the Nikon flashes? I doubt it, but I don't see how It could hurt.