iPad Pro Review using Sony A7R ii in the Workflow

KyleAndrew

Hey folks,

I recently had the chance to test drive the iPad Pro to see if such a device had a place in my own workflow. My feelings are a mixed bag. All tests done with this unit were done using my Sony A7R ii taking images for editing or feeding them to the iPad Pro wirelessly.

Full review here

Thanks for checking it out, if anyone has any questions about the unit, I'll do my best to answer despite it no longer being in my possession.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice post.

Just an observation, the website was painfully slow when I visited. The following happened quite a few times:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Also didn't like the multiple pops up to enter the email address for the newsletter. Once should be enough.

I'm working with Tech support right now to solve this problem, thank you for pointing both of these issues out to me! 

Nice post.

Just an observation, the website was painfully slow when I visited. The following happened quite a few times:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Also didn't like the multiple pops up to enter the email address for the newsletter. Once should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the pencil with it several times after I did the review. It is fantastic for illustrators for sure but I found that it didn't really do much for photo editing, not to the point where I thought "oh well this is MUCH better."

Unfortunately they couldn't provide me with the pencil when I was reviewing the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also just wanted to add, that is no way a knock on the Pencil. It's a great input device. But that thing was fantastic and accurate with a finger as well, so the difference was by no means mind blowing. As an illustrator, the iPad Pro + the Pencil is unbeatable, eventually.