Sony A7S Mark II with the Sony Zeiss 24-70 F4

Shiner

Recently I had the chance to use the A7S Mark II with the Sony Zeiss 24-70 F4. Today I finished the blogpost with my findings about the camera and the lens! It's a really enjoyable combo :-) Take a look if you like!

Also tips and tricks about the Videomode are appreciated! I had my troubles with that!

Cheers

Tom

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That flickering of the lights is 'cos they are LEDs. I have this problem both on the LED Christmas tree lights and kitchen lights in my house. Lower the shutter speed to 1/80 or less and it goes. Tree lights flicker as if they are blinking. Kithcen LEDs leave a dark grey band in the image. Lower the shutter and it's gone......

I thought that your write up was good, and I liked the images. I have an a7RII, and an a7II. Bluntly, I think the a7RII is much better to use than the a7II in any situation. The Sony system is fun, but it is my second choice for most uses except for travel, or other occasions when I benefit from small form, low weight, and don't need speed or long lenses. Having now stated my prejudices, I admit that I am tempted by the a7SII. I am probably crazy, but I wonder sometime if I didn't get better results from digital cameras where someone wasn't trying to put too many tiny little pixels on a sensor. 

I would like to know if anyone finds that the a7IIS is a better camera for stills than the other a7II cameras.