Simple Settings to Warm OOC JPGs

b2nyc

Hello Fellow Forum'ers,

Do any of you changed settings in order to "warm up" the OOC jpgs from your A7RII?  If so, how?

I'm often shooting dining and social related events where I am posting directly to the Web.  Would welcome suggestions

for settings that will produce more "warm" and creamy images.  (please don't hate, but missing the Leica hue) 

When Shooting RAW I can easily change the profiles in LR, but OOC would prefer the jpges to be less

neutral and more warm.  The blues are too cool, and skin tones not warm enough for the fashion set vs

Leica.

My best,

bret

Just change your selected white balance, customizing it (rear wheel right click) by adding 2 or 3 points of yellow and maybe (for a more Leica-ish rendering) 1 or 2 points of green. This should do the trick.

Alternatively, if you use Photoshop instead of Lightroom you could do what I used to do to warm up my Zeiss lenses (especially shooting on film, where you cannot obviously alter the white balance). I shot with my 180 Leica a flat white surface (out of focus) at full aperture. Then I made an action that uses this file as a layer and overlays it on top of the image I want to warm up, blending it with the "color" or with the "soft light" blend at 50-100% (to taste). As an added bonus this can replicate the natural vignetting as well.

Manually set your white balance and lock it in for the duration of the shoot - there mught also be some custom settings so you can go back to them when need be. I have a few different cameras - so cannot say verbatim that you can save a preset white balance on the camera in question but you should be able to. Mayeb google some white balance scales and see what suites you as a starting point.