I'm really thinking of selling off Canon Gear

I love the A7Rii for my work. With prices at under $1000, I'm thinking of getting the A7 as my second body (back up purposes) and selling of my canon 5d series bodies. I have not touched my canon since receiving the A7Rii. With the grip, I can go two days of high volume shooting (Airplane mode) without changing batteries (I have 4 batteries and always have set on chargers). The "lack" of weather sealing is way overplayed IMO. I have shot out in the rain a few times, no issues. I always try to protect my gear anyway in harsh environments. Focus speed is excellent for my work (architectural). In fact I'm manual focusing much more now. I don't use ETTL for flashes. My existing Canon flashes and triggers work fine. I'll keep using my Fast Canon L lenses until Zeiss releases faster versions. 

Anyone else sell off their old system yet?

No, Same boat as you really. added a a7R when it first came out and used my Canon glass. then when the a7RII came out I grabbed one. I would buy the native lenses if they were as good as the Canon glass I have but sadly... maybe when version 2 of the F4 zooms arrive I will feel differently as I dont have interest in a 2.8 FE lens. but maybe by then Canon will make a more interesting Camera and Ill be glad to have retained my glass? until one side gives shooting with the metabones is working for my needs :) 

If I am not mistaken, Sony has no TS lenses yet. Do you use Canon TS lenses? With which adapter? Just being curious.

Kind regards,

Freddy

NB

One of the things I love about the A7Rii is the ability to use almost any lens: Canon EF lenses, Canon FD lenses, Nikon, even old Leitz 39mm screw mount lenses.  (I have an old Elmar 50 mm which I want to try one day.)

I use the Canon 17mm T/S. I would just continue to use my special Canon lenses with Metabones adaptor. A couple of primes and the 16-35 are the only Zeiss FE lenses that interest me right now until the deliver something faster in the zoom arena (24-70 and 70-200 2.8). However, my Canon 16-35 is so sharp (calibrated by Canon), I would probably be disappointed with the Zeiss version. 

I am deliriously happy with the Sony 7II

MF with my C/Y Zeiss lens collection is like a dream

I am now back to:

Distagon 2,8/28  
Planar 1,7/50  
Planar 1,4/85   
Tele Tessar 3,5/200  
Vario-Sonnar 80-200 4 
Varion Sonnar 28-85 / 3.3-4.0
Mutar I 2x

The process of selling off my Nikon D700 with a collectionof Nikon glass is well under way

Haven't missed Nikon or AF for a second so far

I am one of the ones that recently switched from Canon (5D MK II but also used the MK III extensively) and I couldn't possibly be happier. I bought the metabones IV and my Canon 70-200 2.8IS II is attached to it a LOT of the time in studio and the auto focusing is fantastic. I also have the Sony 28mm 2.0, the 55mm 1.8 (this lens is fantastic, slotted between the Canon 50 1.4 and the 50 1.2, much close to the L) and the Zeiss Batis 85 1.8 which I'm sure you can guess is phenomenal. I have also used my trust old 16-35L on this setup frequently with great results. 

I am likely to sell off my 28-70L and my 5D MK II body in the near future, however a recently discovered issue currently has this project on hold, and I can't decide between a secon A7R II, an A7S II or an older Alpha as the backup. 

An interesting side note, shooting with the A7R II is that much more versatile than canon because of the ability to shoot cropped, which makes the 55mm Sony lens incredibly versatile out in the field (and still yields images almost as high resolution as my previous Canon). 

Also, of final note... manual focusing is a thing again thanks to these cameras. Honestly its a dream to shoot MF again. 

I'm doing the same thing right now. Selling my 5DMKIII and 70D so that I can have the A7II and a6000. I'm hoping that with the new firmware update that I'll be able to use my Canon lenses better than I can at the moment. 

I read somewhere that the PDAF firmware update will only work with 2006 or newer Canon lenses, is that true? I ask because I have the 135/2 and I'd really like to NOT lose it.

I love the A7Rii for my work. With prices at under $1000, I'm thinking of getting the A7 as my second body (back up purposes) and selling of my canon 5d series bodies. I have not touched my canon since receiving the A7Rii. With the grip, I can go two days of high volume shooting (Airplane mode) without changing batteries (I have 4 batteries and always have set on chargers). The "lack" of weather sealing is way overplayed IMO. I have shot out in the rain a few times, no issues. I always try to protect my gear anyway in harsh environments. Focus speed is excellent for my work (architectural). In fact I'm manual focusing much more now. I don't use ETTL for flashes. My existing Canon flashes and triggers work fine. I'll keep using my Fast Canon L lenses until Zeiss releases faster versions. 

Anyone else sell off their old system yet?

The only Canon gear I have left is 1dx and 200mm f2 IS. Stand by for FE 135f2 and  FE 200mm f2.8(maybe 200f2 is even better). The chance selling all my Canon gear will be high.

Love my a7r II and a7s. Waiting for A7s II to drop to $2500.

I have just done the same - Most of my Canon lenses already sold and my 1Dsii and video camera are on ebay as I type..... My A7sii with simple 35mm 2.8 should be here Monday. I intend to use this lens until the new 24-70 is released hopefully early next year. Come on Mr Postman and deliver my new gear!

If I am not mistaken, Sony has no TS lenses yet. Do you use Canon TS lenses? With which adapter? Just being curious.

Kind regards,

Freddy

NB

One of the things I love about the A7Rii is the ability to use almost any lens: Canon EF lenses, Canon FD lenses, Nikon, even old Leitz 39mm screw mount lenses.  (I have an old Elmar 50 mm which I want to try one day.)

I just got the Canon FD 35mm f2.8 TS lens today and I am over the moon! It's my all-time favorite play lens - had one in the 80's - I much prefer it to the TS-E 24mm f3.5 that I had for a while. I used it for mag covers and adverts, but the clients couldn't handle the idea of 35mm film studio product shoots! Now, with the Sony, it's like piggy heaven :D

Also, just to get on-topic, today I sold my 5DmarkII, so that's the end of an era - I started using EOS in 1991!!

I'm just about to sell my 6d+24-105L and eos-m kit combo ... already sold my canon 85/1.8 and 16-35 F4. Been a canon user for 11 years ( 300d, 30d, 6d, eos-m1 )

replaced with a6000 + a7ii and 10-18 + 24-240 and started collecting vintage lenses ( minolta md 50/1.7, canon fd 50/1.4 and hunting for a 35/f2.x for good price :) )