Audio adjustment in camera

Ive just bought a mic for my A7Sii and the A7Rii - and im finding im getting some peaking or distortion in the audio - is there any way to turn down the audio in the menus - I can see a menu that might be appropriate but its always greyed out and i cannot access it ? It seems to me - if i could turn it down then the sound would not get clipped !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Loganhelps - are you on the S or Sii - I managed to het to Audio levels in my Rii - but thats not really my main man for motion - the Sii is, I can find the audio levels there - but they are greyed out for some reason - even in movie mode - i think it has something to do with the High Frame rate - its on but i want to turn it off - but cannot see where to - sounds liek it might be right as who needs the audio on slo mo ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Loganhelps - are you on the S or Sii - I managed to het to Audio levels in my Rii - but thats not really my main man for motion - the Sii is, I can find the audio levels there - but they are greyed out for some reason - even in movie mode - i think it has something to do with the High Frame rate - its on but i want to turn it off - but cannot see where to - sounds liek it might be right as who needs the audio on slo mo ....

Hi Dick, I am on the S. Even at 100FSP I still have audio recording level available. The only way I can see the option greyed out is when the main dial is not on the movie setting.  

• 7 months later...

You are correct.  The Audio Record and Level settings are greyed out in HFR Mode.  This can be confusing as HFR Mode can be activated regardless of which shooting mode you are in (4K XAVC S, 1080 AVCHD, etc).  

To enable the settings: leave the menu and enter live view mode (in movie mode of course), Hit the Fn Button, on the bottom right corner of the onscreen menu there is a Movie/HFR Button, there will be a variety of shooting options there such as HFR Program Auto and HFR Manual Exposure and other normal Movie Modes.  Scroll to the top of the list to select Manual Exposure to enter the regular shooting mode.  

At this point you will be able to access the audio settings on page 8 go the camera settings tab.