Sony A6000 - below the surface

tino-dietsche

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Orconectes limosus

Lake Constance, Switzerland

1/160s, f7.1, ISO 200

Sony A6000 in Nauticam NA-A6000 Underwater housing

Zeiss TOUIT 2.8/50M

INON Z-240 Flash

Greetings from Switzerland,

Tino

Hi Tino

Thanks for sharing your u/w photos and the details on your setup.

I am using the NEX6 with the kit lense for u/w macro in a Nauticam housing. I am considering the Zeiss Touit 2.8/50 as well. Do you feel the Zeiss lense returns better photos than the Sony lenses?

Br

Morten

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Tino,

I already got the port extension ring so basically no excuses for not getting the Zeiss Touit 2.5/50 :-)

However I was hoping Nauticam would offer us a solution so we could bring the upcoming 90mm FE mated with our A6000/NEX with us below the surface. I guess that would deliver good macro results as well......and save you a few bucks if you upgrade to a A7. So far no news from Nauticam regarding this :-(

Be

Morten

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Morton,

I think Nauticam will make an Port for the upcoming 90mm FE Macro. Upgrade to the A7 Serie is for me at the moment no option, because you can use external flashes only with electronic cable and no TTL. Optical cables are not possible, because you have no internal flash at the A7 Series.

On the Nauticam website you find this note by the A7 housing:  "The NA-A7 includes a pre-installed Nikonos style 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection (x and ground connection only) installed, enabling manual control of the most commonly available strobes, such as the Inon Z-240 or Sea&Sea YS-D1. Additional strobe firing options will be announced at a later date."

I hope Nauticam will bring this "special triggering-strobe" in the next time to the market.

Tino