Continous autofocus A7SII with metabones

austinp

Hey everyone, Im new to sony alpha cameras and just got the A7s II so Im still trying to figure it out.  I have the Metabones mark IV smart adapter but cannot get continous autofocus to work properly with my Canon EF lenses.  Everything I google says that it should work with this adapter but every time i try to select AF C it says that its not available with the lens i have. Im mostly trying it with my canon 16-35 f/2.8L but i also tried with my canon 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.8 and it doesnt work for any of them.  any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Here is the link you need....lots of info.  I have owned both the King adapter and Metabones IV.  I returned the latter because it was no better, worse than the King.  However I unfortunately had two lenses, Canon STM EF-S, that both were damaged electronically by the King adapter, making them useless on either the Sony or Canon bodies.

http://briansmith.com/sony-a7rii-canon-ef-smart-adapter-tests/

quoted from the Mark IV product page, the "limitations" column":

thanks for the info. that totally sucks though. this was a major factor in me purchasing this camera.

ive heard that it worked with the canon ef lenses and even the sony rep at photo plus told me that canon lenses do continuous auto focus with the metabones adapter and he even told me that some canon lenses they tested worked better than the sony. that guy was completely full of shit.