If Sony Australia refuses to sell Alpha mount lenses and bodies where does that leave all the Alpha users in Australia?

Today as SAR we learn that Sony Australia and New Zealand has officially closed all sales of Alpha mount bodies and lenses.

This means that I, as a resident of Australia cannot buy any new Alpha mount body or lens when they are released world wide from Sony Australia and New Zealand.

I, along with many existing Alpha mount body and lens users are eagerly waiting for the upgraded A99 mk2 expected to be released very late this year or early next year.

As I cannot buy this body from Sony Australia directly, I would be forced into buying a "grey" import.

The following questions come to mind and I seek answers to these:

1. If I buy the A99 mk2 from a local importer, will Sony Australia honour the manufacturer's guarantee?

2. Or when it needs repair, would I have to return it to the "point of sale" to get it repaired under their guarantee?

I understand there is a big difference in not overtly selling Alpha mount equipment and continuing to support the existing Alpha mount user base by maintaining their repair facilities. That is; Sony can still support all Sony equipment including Sony equipment that Sony Australia does not sell in Australia. BUT Will they? Will they have the tooling required? Almost certainly they will not stock the spare parts! So, long delays which ever option is used. :(

I am very disappointed in Sony Australia and New Zealand to taking the short sighted step and politely request they consider their existing Alpha mount user base who have stuck with them for so many years.

Thank you,

David