Just a little wondering... about the name (trademark)

I just can't stop asking myself about this question, so finally I decided to come here...

How many people in countries other than China know that SONY's trademark for their whole mirrorless product line in China is "Micro-Single"? (The "Single" here means SLR).

It seems this name is quite different than in other countries... I just checked SONY's US & JP websites, in US the official name is "α Interchangeable-Lens Cameras", while in JP it seems means "Digital Single Eye Cameras".  None of them emphasized "Micro".

P.S. Actually In China the whole mirrorless type was unofficially called "Micro-Single" for many years.  Until one day SONY just "robbed" the name...  Now when you go into a Sony Store they will tell you "it's our trademark" again and again and again if you accidentally said "'Micro-Single' of other company"...

Never heard of Micro-Single anywhere at any time before and i can tell you i read a lot of stuff pertaining to photography.

If Sony stole the trademark, how come all of their mirrorless models are called ILCE ( Interchangeable Lens Camera E-Mount ) or for semi-transparent mirror ILCA ( Interchangeable Lens Camera A-Mount ) ????

If the Sony stores in China are calling them as such, they are probably about to close like the other Sony stores in the rest of the world !

Never heard of Micro-Single anywhere at any time before and i can tell you i read a lot of stuff pertaining to photography.

If Sony stole the trademark, how come all of their mirrorless models are called ILCE ( Interchangeable Lens Camera E-Mount ) or for semi-transparent mirror ILCA ( Interchangeable Lens Camera A-Mount ) ????

If the Sony stores in China are calling them as such, they are probably about to close like the other Sony stores in the rest of the world !

I guess that's because theirs trademark is only valid in China Mainland.  And actually that will make no sense to use "Micro-Single" in other countries if you never heard about it.  (It's equally if they apply "Mirrorless" as their trademark in other countries).

SONY China got that trademark because Chinese people use that word to call all mirrorlesses for many years (just like you make a phone then go to apply a trademark "Phone").

P.S. I'm not complaining about SONY got that trademark, this kind of thing is quite common in China.  I ask this is because many of my friends are confused by that trademark because nowadays many of "Micro-Single" are actually no longer "Micro" compare to DSLR.  In China, "Micro" is the most important and most recognizable attribute of those mirrorless cameras.  But it seems nobody in other countries ever complained about the size of a7 series.

It simply means micro-SLR... And how can you say the a7 series are similar in size to their DSLR counterpart? If you're talking about a7R II compared to 750D/760D, they're not equivalents. a7R II is still significantly smaller than say a Nikon D800 or Canon 5DS R.

Yes it is ridiculous to call them micro-SLRs since there are no reflexes. But I think people also call them mirrorless or electronic SLR(for SLT and m43).

And I think it's well documented that Sony trademarks everything:

It simply means micro-SLR... And how can you say the a7 series are similar in size to their DSLR counterpart? If you're talking about a7R II compared to 750D/760D, they're not equivalents. a7R II is still significantly smaller than say a Nikon D800 or Canon 5DS R.

Yes it is ridiculous to call them micro-SLRs since there are no reflexes. But I think people also call them mirrorless or electronic SLR(for SLT and m43).

And I think it's well documented that Sony trademarks everything:

My friends usually compare a7 series to 6D / D610 / Df. It is indeed smaller, but far from "micro". It's just "relatively a little smaller-DSLR".

In the past 3 years I've got only single successful recommending record to my friends who is actually a hardware player and know nothing about photography.

None of the DSLR users in my friends even care about mirrorless and I failed to change their opinions even with a7RII.

And the film shooters and the loyal mirrorless shooters, includes some Pro old gentlemen, just stick on their NEX5(this one is still the symbol of "Micro-Single" at least around me) for many years.

来自我的 Xperia Z2 上的 Tapatalk