Switching to APS-C/Super 35mm on the A7RII...

I shoot video and I own both both full frame Zeiss primes and some zooms in APS-C.

My question is - do I keep the APS-C/Super 35mm to 'On' all the time? Regardless if I use full frame or APS-C lens. 

I havent had chance to test yet but thought I would post this before I do. For video I am advised to use Super 35mm not the full sensor. I also shoot stills and it seems I cannot allocate the Super 35mm to a button, which seems dumb.

Yes I set the Super 35mm to auto which does not allow you to select 4K anyway. But I guess you have to go into the menus and change this if I want to shoot 4K full frame video with my primes. This should be made easier and I think Sony could have thought this out better. My other big gripe is the horrible Movie record button - I changed mine to be the center button of the dial.

I can select 4K with Super 35 set to Auto... not sure what you mean here. I found full frame 4K to produce more moiré and was noisier in low light, so just leave it to record 4K S35 all the time.

This is a really annoying UI issue! It would be great if other A7RII owners would help pester Sony about adding the ability to assign Super 35mm mode switch to either the custom buttons or custom function menu. It is a crucial control that should be more easily accessible!