The timelapse is complete. 8000+ frames, 100GB of images, over 10 hours of shooting and 2 hours of render. The mountain and the milky way

tsk1979

Nice timelapse, thanks for sharing. Which lens did you use on your A7? I just bought one and trying to remove flickering on timelapses from day to night, I can't lock the aperture and it will flickr. Any experience or solution for that? 
Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Alfonso

Very nice indeed!

Thanks guys!

The day scenes are shot with 28-70 kit lens, and night scenes are with a Nikon mount Samyang 14 2.8

If you use aperture priority, it should lock aperture. For flickering you can try using a plugin like MSU deflicker. Motion blur takes care of flickering to some extent

I noticed that on my a6000, when shooting timelapse using the app, the color will shift from frame to frame and create a sort of flickering effect. It's extremely tedious to correct.
I'm not sure why this happens but maybe if we draw attention to it it's an issue Sony can fix. It is especially pronounced when shooting the Milky Way. I see it in the video posted here as well.

• 2 weeks later...

How many batteries required for such a long shooting??

I was quite frustrated when I went on a starscape trip with friends.
While I have already spent 2 out of my 3 battery pack, my friend's D810 still have 50% left of his 1st batteries pack.

How many batteries required for such a long shooting??

I was quite frustrated when I went on a starscape trip with friends.

While I have already spent 2 out of my 3 battery pack, my friend's D810 still have 50% left of his 1st batteries pack.

I carry two spare batteries. A 3 hour shooting sequence burns through one battery. I guess on newer cams you can charge while shooting, so just attach a powerbank

I noticed that on my a6000, when shooting timelapse using the app, the color will shift from frame to frame and create a sort of flickering effect. It's extremely tedious to correct.

I'm not sure why this happens but maybe if we draw attention to it it's an issue Sony can fix. It is especially pronounced when shooting the Milky Way. I see it in the video posted here as well.

Always shoot RAW with APP. That is the best way. Use locked settings(M mode) also helps