Adapting A77II to Nikon lenses.

1/8000

I'm thinking of getting this body and have about 20 Nikon lenses. Is there an adapter so I can use them on a Sony Alpha? It would be mostly for macro work with my Nikon ext. tubes, so infinity focus is not important. Thanks.

Interesting question(

I use a d7100 +v1 in addition to a77ii

Some time ago,  I found an adapter on ebay ( from a UK dealer ). Mecchanically/physically it allows to connect Nikon lenses ( tested on 150-600 vc , 70-300 tamron usd, sigma 18-250 os , and other nikon mount lenses )

but, although the lens is recognized, it is very dark. Something to do with the fact no aperture information is passed on to the lens

I've ordered another one ( China import ) with af confirm function which should tell the sony alpha body it's f 1.7, more of which later

If you use Nikon G lenses(without the aperture ring)with an adapter, it will always be at minimum f stop and it will be dark looking through the lens. You need to use the older lenses with the aperture ring so you can adjust f stop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Novoflex adapter can be used with all Nikon lenses raging from old manual focus (AI, AI-s), through the "D" auto focus era and, as previously noted, the current Nikon "G" autofocus lenses.  The Novoflex is the most expensive but you get what you pay for, as they say (I have tried many other adapters on a variety of legacy lenses, and the Novoflex IMHO is the best by far, although for Leica M compatible glass the Voigtlander Close Focus adapter is great as well.