If the new Tamron 15-30 is going to be released in A mount only

I am really confused  here.

The A7ll is an E mount.

The Tamron 15 - 30  is going to be released in an A mount, months in the future.........

The Sony adapter ,from E mount Camera, to A mount Lens,  costs hundreds of pounds.

So

Why not buy a 20 quid adapter, and a Nikon or Cannon mount  Tamron 15 - 30, that is available  NOW ?

Thanks in advance.

Wally.

Any adapter that cheap is likely to not have autofocus, maybe where you live it is different. Most adapters that are sold here, that are around that price range, are fully manual, meaning that you have to control the aperture and focus by yourself instead of the camera controlling those features. The Sony adapter retains all autofocus and aperture control.

Ah,  Thanks.

I am currently in London UK, but have to leave for Spain in a few days, so  I was just trying to line up all the ducks, before pulling the trigger.

Ok, well, I suppose the best way, will be to wait for the Sony A mount to be released, and pay for the adapter as well.

You have a very brief & " To the point " way of explaining things.

Do you also,..... by any chance, ..... know how to fix Mac Books ?

Because  asking a simple question on the Apple forum, gets you answers that might get a physics degree, but is way beyond my comprehension.

Thanks for the explanation.

Wally

When shooting with a  15 - 30, if you know about hyperfocal distances (and there's a few apps where you can work this out), then you can do without AF.  If you think the lens might be critical to you, you can use a cheap Fotga adaptor and a Nikon fit 15 - 30 and use manual focus.  Get the aperture into a middle range one, and focus to the hyperfocal length as per chart or the app.  Get a laser measurer and you can also focus on objects at twilight at dawn.  They are accurate to >3mm.  Look after the Nikon fit and you can always sell it later.  

For me the focus by wire isn't reliable enough and not precise enough, so am very happy using third party lenses that have a distance scale on them...