A7R ii Terrible manual focus maginification

I have seen online some of the reviewers saying that the maginified view for manual focus is terrible and I can confirm this to be the case. I have both the A7R and A7 ii to compare against and they are a million miles apart in terms of quality in the maginifed view. Does anybody out there know if this is a hardware flaw or soemthing that can be fixed with a firmware update?? If you are thinking of buying this camera to use with manual focus legacy lenses I would seriously wait until this issue can be resolved.

I'm happy with mine, and must say I don't notice the difference. I use focus peaking. 

Don't forget to adjust the diopter ...

... went back and compared them again and I can say, from that I can see they look the same to me, which I guess is strange given they alledgedly upgraded it

p.s. the title of this thread is somewhat flaming ...

There are 3 differences between A7R and A7RII.

- The earlier camera offers slightly greater magnification (7x and 14x, Vs 5x and 12x)

- The A7RII has a larger viewfinder, so the same resolution image looks less resolved

- The A7RII picture has a different "look", with more emphasis on mid-tones, and less on hard contrast

These 3 differences make it a bit harder on the A7RII. I have 2 blog partners who upgraded at the same time as me, and all 3 of us struggled a bit in the beginning, and now all three of us are over it.

2 pieces of advice: (1) keep with it for a bit, and see whether you get used to it, as we did. And (2) don't believe all the horror stories you read on the Internet. Otherwise you will never be happy with any piece of gear. Remember the Sony "shuttergate" with A7R? According to some, it was almost a crime against humanity. But it didn't stop the camera from being very successful, and a huge number of fabulous pictures being shot with it.

Thanks for the interesting points Philber. I will look at what you said. Basically though while using the Canon 24mm TS ii lens I find it way easier to focus with the A7r and the A7 ii when using magnified focus. Having just double checked with the 90mm macro I can still see a difference between the three cameras. The worst is the A7R ii at 5X magnification. And please, lets not get sensitive about this, unless we work for Sony there is no reason to be defensive of any critisism of the gear, I have bought heaps of their stuff and love it 90 percent of the time!