A7RII IBIS with Canon Lenses & Metabones Mk IV?

Hi all, 

I'm trying to figure out how to get the IBIS working with my Canon 24-105 F4L lens & metabones IV adapter. When I try turning IBIS on, it gives me a "Invalid with this lens. If the lens has a SteadyShot switch, perform the operation from the lens" error. Is there any way around this?

Thanks! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Canon 24-105 works fine on my A7RII using Metabones IV. One time with my Canon 17-40 f/4 the Metabones acted up, so I removed and re-inserted it, then it worked fine. I would suggest you carefully unscrew the adapter and lens from each other and the camera body and try it again.

You can also go to the Metabones site and download the latest firmware for the adapter. I thought mine was on the latest firmware but it wasn't. It still mostly worked, but it works better on the new firmware.

In particular the latest firmware (0.41, dated 1 June 2015) enables the following behavior:

• User may choose between lens OIS and IBIS using the lens' IS switch (except for some Tamron lenses). If the lens' IS switch is ON, lens OIS is used and IBIS is turned off automatically. If lens' IS switch is OFF, IBIS is used instead. To turn off all IS, hold down the WO button on the adapter while switching the lens' IS to the OFF position.

• IS is always turned on during magnified focus assist for ease of manual focusing

• Added autofocus support for some legacy lenses on A7 series