Battery solution for SOny A7s

George

Dear friends hi!

I wanted to ask if someone has found a nice solution for powering Sony.

I was looking for some power banks but they only have DC output of 9v or 12v which I think its dangerous to connect with Sony which have 7,4v .

Do you agree?

So did someone here find a power bank or something else that had DC output of 7,4v?

Thank you

Have a look at hawkwoods.com

You can build a system around LR-16.

Not the cheapest but reliable and will do the job.

Tim

Thank you Tim.

I just had a look at that site. They have many nice products but almost nothing about 7,4 batteries that Sony needs. I mailed them and hope they can provide a nice solution.

I have  found many power banks that can make Sony last for about 5-6 hours which is perfect for me , but they have DC output of 9v or 12 v.

I think the LR16 is regulated for the Sony. But wise to check! That piece then requires the battery holder (there's probably a more "Hollywood" word for it!), the battery (from a wide range) and the charger. Let me know how you get on as its a route I'd like to take (I have similar for my blackmagic).

Tim

They explained everything. They have nice solutions BUT its too heavy then the rig for me. We film wedding so we have to move a lot, run and all the stuff that a camera operator does on a wedding day.

Nice solutions.....but makes your work a bit more difficult

Tim I found another power bank : Anker Astro 2nd 20000mAh Pro

I contact them and they said that even that the battery is outputing 9v or 12v, if i connect it with Sony then automatically it will deliver only the voltage that Sony needs. I asked them of a warranty of what they say because I do not want to destroy my Sony. So I am waitng for their answer. Its the same size with the other that you mentioned but a lot cheaper and I can adapt it to my rig with a velcro or something. I will see.

George

I seem to recall seeing that name on the Blackmagic fora as a power solution. You make the key point however - trust in what a manufacturer tells you combined with ones own knowledge or go with a respected professional solution (usually at a price). Must admit I tend to favour the latter approach! I've just ordered an Atomos Power Station (video model). Primarily to power my Shogun but it will also power my A7S.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...