Lack of minimum shutter settings in ALL SONY cameras (Alpha&Nex) ?

Hello

I having same problems here. Using Sony A3000 in A-priority mode doesnt let me choose minimal shutter speed and stick it at 1/60. Its useless in street photography with little motion. I have been researching quite a while. There are lots complaints on dpreview.com and other forums about this must have option. I dont know why does Sony not reacting??? I think this future can be  easly implemented with new firmware ? Please Sony add this option in next firmwares for all NEX and Alpha models of camera

Look at this links

And a lot more ...

What do you think folks, create some FB page(or someting else?), add as much owners of SONY nex/alpha cameras who want same future option and link it to Sony ????

Using Sony A3000 in A-priority mode doesnt let me choose minimal shutter speed and stick it at 1/60.

The problem is, that in ISO Auto mode the camera can adjust two values if you change a third one.

In order to solve this, you have to set ISO to a fixed value, I guess.

Some Alpha like my A6000 allows to restrict the ISO range of Auto ISO. I don't know if this is also true for the A3000.

And some or all? recent sony cameras allow to use manual mode where you can set both, aperture and speed, while the ISO is adjusted automatically.

Ernst

The problem is, that in ISO Auto mode the camera can adjust two values if you change a third one.

In order to solve this, you have to set ISO to a fixed value, I guess.

Some Alpha like my A6000 allows to restrict the ISO range of Auto ISO. I don't know if this is also true for the A3000.

And some or all? recent sony cameras allow to use manual mode where you can set both, aperture and speed, while the ISO is adjusted automatically.

Ernst

A-priority is design to control aperture, everything else can be automatic.
I find myself using A-mode great since Im new in this type of camera, but it would be nice to have minimal shutter speed for A-mode so I can use it in street without having manage to control ISO.
I know, raising ISO I will raise shutter (I have tried that, and it is functioning) but

I want everithing else in auto (ISO also).
Other camera allow this option minimal shutter speed (as I can see on web, i dont own any of other brand SLR), and it would be very hopeful for me, totaly amater, maybe not for someone else advance user.
Too bad i cannot set camera to autoISO on Manual mode, so I can fix my shutter at desired level and only changing aperture, it would be nice also.

I used to shoot almost exclusively in aperture-priority mode, with a fixed iso, but I have wanted this feature for a while too though.  But now, with my A77ii, the option of Auto ISO while in manual mode sorts it out for me.  I set my shutter speed, and as always I pick my aperture, and then the camera can determine the last variable for me, within the range I specify.  It's great.  I would like the option of setting a range of shutter speeds as well though, say between 1/500 and 1/2000 as an auto range, or even just "don't fall below 1/500", and that way I could lock the iso and aperture, but the manual + auto iso does the job nicely enough.  It's only since I'm happy with the ISO performance on the new A77ii that I really trust this to work for me.  Even on my A700 I wasn't happy to let the iso drift up very far at all, but it feels a lot better now.

Hello
I having same problems here. Using Sony A3000 in A-priority mode doesnt let me choose minimal shutter speed and stick it at 1/60. Its useless in street photography with little motion. I have been researching quite a while. There are lots complaints on dpreview.com and other forums about this must have option. I dont know why does Sony not reacting??? I think this future can be  easly implemented with new firmware ? Please Sony add this option in next firmwares for all NEX and Alpha models of camera
Look at this links

And a lot more ...

What do you think folks, create some FB page(or someting else?), add as much owners of SONY nex/alpha cameras who want same future option and link it to Sony ????

Well thaz an impressively long list of complainants.

Acoarst the internet is a haven for complainers, and

I guess my saying so just makes me a complainer

as well ... but I don't demand that the internet do any

thing about that ... and I wouldn't demand that Sony

do anything for those who are complaining about a

perficklee normal aperture priority mode. There's no

less than a halfzillion modes on these cameras. One

... or more ... of them will solve your problem. I know

that one of them absolutely will kill it: just "Dial M for

Murder". Throw in a little bracketing if it makes you

feel more secure ... and that may also open your

eyes to creative exposures ... as there is no such

thing as "The Right Exposure" anywho.   

BTW, the A3000 is an incredible $350 camera [and

thaz WITH lens no less]. It's certainly in no way a

knock to say you can't have *everything* for $350 ! 

A less than wise man once wrote "You can't always

get what you want but if you try sometimes you get

what need". My point is that, you seem to not have

"got what you want" but if "you try sometime" you

*will* find that you've "got what you need" ... right

there in that wondrous machine that Sony sells for

peanuts. Dig in and dig it. It will make you grow.