A7rii - SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB UHS-I/U3 SDXC Not Compatible (???)

Hello,

I just received my A7rii directly from the Sony store today. I had purchased an SDXC 128 UHS-I/U3. However, when I placed the card in the camera and changed the "File Format" to XAVC S 4K I get a message "To perform shooting with this setting, use a UHS-I U3 compatible memory card" My question is: Isn't the card I purchased that kind of card the camera requires to be able to shoot in 4K, etc?

What is the conflict? The camera, type of card, a glitch, etc??? Could anyone explain? :wacko:

Thank you for your cooperation!

Thanks for replying! I have reformatted the card. Reseted the camera without luck. I'll be sending the card back to Amazon but I'm intrigued by this. Also, the raw files from the camera can't be seeing by Lightroom. They are not recognize...  :blink: 

Thanks for replying! I have reformatted the card. Reseted the camera without luck. I'll be sending the card back to Amazon but I'm intrigued by this. Also, the raw files from the camera can't be seeing by Lightroom. They are not recognize...  :blink:

Download the latest update for Lightroom. Its working for me (LR 6.1.1)

Did you buy direct from Amazon, or from a 3rd party seller? Amazon Marketplace has had problems in the past with counterfeit flash products, perhaps you got burned? To clarify, Amazon itself sells legit flash, but some sellers do not. 

• 4 months later...

Hi 

Similar issue - 

I have a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB U3 about 6 months old which seems to be working fine shooting 4K on my new A7SII, so I bought two new cards of identical spec. Whether I format the new ones in-camera, or on my Mac, the camera produces an error message saying its not UHS-I U3 compatible. Sony support couldn't help and Sandisk support agreed the cards should work but don't and have escalated internally to second level support. I'm losing faith in Sandisk - should I switch to Sony cards ?

• 5 years later...
On 8/11/2015 at 11:05 PM, Honeywell said:

Hello,

I just received my A7rii directly from the Sony store today. I had purchased an SDXC 128 UHS-I/U3. However, when I placed the card in the camera and changed the "File Format" to XAVC S 4K I get a message "To perform shooting with this setting, use a UHS-I U3 compatible memory card" My question is: Isn't the card I purchased that kind of card the camera requires to be able to shoot in 4K, etc?

What is the conflict? The camera, type of card, a glitch, etc??? Could anyone explain?

Thank you for your cooperation!

I am having the exact same issue on my A7Sii - brand new card (same specs) and I get the same error when trying to shoot in 4k. The card does allow me to shoot in 1080p no problem. 

Did you ever find a solution?